Sponsored

Tire Size/Weight and Regearing

Kannons610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Rehearing & Tire Question

I have a gladiator sport without max tow, so only 3.73 gears. I’d like to add larger tires without regearing, however I’d prefer not to drastically hurt ride quality, MPGs or stress the stock vehicle parts too much. I understand larger tires do change things, but I’d like to find a happy medium between larger tires and my other concerns. All of the gear calculators only ask for current gear ratio/tire size and new tire size. Does the new wheel/tire weight and width matter at all to regearing? I’m looking at getting a light (in weight) tire. My current 245/75/r17 are 31.5” in diameter. The new tires I have been looking at are 33.5” or 34.4”. Both are around 55-60 lbs. Any info you could share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Weight and diameter definitely impact the acceleration and braking, the bigger the worse they are width not so much. I would look for something around 33-34” tall.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
Rehearing & Tire Question

I have a gladiator sport without max tow, so only 3.73 gears. I’d like to add larger tires without regearing, however I’d prefer not to drastically hurt ride quality, MPGs or stress the stock vehicle parts too much. I understand larger tires do change things, but I’d like to find a happy medium between larger tires and my other concerns. All of the gear calculators only ask for current gear ratio/tire size and new tire size. Does the new wheel/tire weight and width matter at all to regearing? I’m looking at getting a light (in weight) tire. My current 245/75/r17 are 31.5” in diameter. The new tires I have been looking at are 33.5” or 34.4”. Both are around 55-60 lbs. Any info you could share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Appears you have a 3.6L Pentastar Kannons610 but you posted this in the 3.0L EcoDiesel section. You might get a better response over in the gasser section of the forum.

We have the same question for the diesel but with the different power delivery of the 2 engines it's a different answer depending on the engine.

OP
OP

Kannons610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Appears you have a 3.6L Pentastar Kannons610 but you posted this in the 3.0L EcoDiesel section. You might get a better response over in the gasser section of the forum.

We have the same question for the diesel but with the different power delivery of the 2 engines it's a different answer depending on the engine.
Thank you. I’ll repost it over there.
Sponsored