Tongue Weight with Distribution

Brstyles

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Now that there are a few max towing packages in the wild I'd like to see if anyone knows the answer to this. Mine is on order, but I am also ordering a custom trailer for it. I was able to gather all of the standard towing capacity questions minus this one. The trailer manufacturer asked the following question and I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. He wrote

"You will need to find out the tongue capacity rating with weight distribution. It's written in the vehicle owner's manual under the towing section, or typically stamped directly on the hitch which is bolted to the vehicle chassis underneath the back bumper."

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Now that there are a few max towing packages in the wild I'd like to see if anyone knows the answer to this. Mine is on order, but I am also ordering a custom trailer for it. I was able to gather all of the standard towing capacity questions minus this one. The trailer manufacturer asked the following question and I was hoping someone might be able to help me out. He wrote

"You will need to find out the tongue capacity rating with weight distribution. It's written in the vehicle owner's manual under the towing section, or typically stamped directly on the hitch which is bolted to the vehicle chassis underneath the back bumper."

Thank you in advance.

From the Owners Manual..page 354

https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core...ep/2020/Gladiator/2020-Gladiator-OM-1E_V1.pdf

Trailer Towing Weights (Maximum Trailer Weight Ratings)

Engine
GCWR (Gross Combined Wt. Rating)
Frontal Area
Max. GTW (Gross Trailer Wt.)
Max. Trailer Tongue Wt. (See Note)
3.6L
9,100 lbs (4,128 kg)
30 ft2 (2.79 m2)
4,000 lbs (1,814 kg)
400 lbs (181 kg)
3.6L With Max Tow
12,800 lbs (5,806 kg)
30 ft2 (2.79 m2)
7,650 lbs (3,470 kg)
765 lbs (347 kg)
Refer to local laws for maximum trailer towing speeds.
NOTE:

Sorry the chart didn’t print out correctly but the answer is 400 pounds for the regular truck and 765 pounds with Max Tow option..