Tonneau Cover Backorder??

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I ordered a black twill EZ-Fold from Bestop. They no longer indicate whether an item is in stock or not since they updated their web site, went ahead and made the orderer by phone, told I should get it in about 3 weeks, called because no confirmation of the order, although it hit my bank. 3rd week of June before the parts come in which adds up to 6-7 weeks. I want the twill to match the sunder for hard top, but not very impressed with this company anymore. Are there any alternatives or is this just the way of the world right now?
Sponsored

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
i have a rugged ridge one, its a hard rolling cover, so far i really like it, looks good with the hard top as well in my opinion. it was 800 bucks.

161098A4-579B-4499-BED3-82B5659CAE46.jpeg

CB028697-275B-4E55-8B57-06DE756B2ADC.jpeg

mikeviv18

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
i have a rugged ridge one, its a hard rolling cover, so far i really like it, looks good with the hard top as well in my opinion. it was 800 bucks.

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? CB028697-275B-4E55-8B57-06DE756B2ADC

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? CB028697-275B-4E55-8B57-06DE756B2ADC
Can you open and close the tail gate with out opening the cover?

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but gotta lift the rubber lip when ya close the gate, another thing I like about it when you roll it up it has two quick releases to remove it if you need every inch of space for something I can take it off and put it on by myself. Also works with or without the rail system.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I ordered a soft tri-fold from RealTruck. I took over a month to ship. Sucked waiting but was worth it.
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? C97B6CF1-F7C5-424F-935E-7C06704F5479

Sponsored

Capricorn

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mohave 2021 - Sarge Green
Occupation
Network Architect
I ordered a black twill EZ-Fold from Bestop. They no longer indicate whether an item is in stock or not since they updated their web site, went ahead and made the orderer by phone, told I should get it in about 3 weeks, called because no confirmation of the order, although it hit my bank. 3rd week of June before the parts come in which adds up to 6-7 weeks. I want the twill to match the sunder for hard top, but not very impressed with this company anymore. Are there any alternatives or is this just the way of the world right now?
I ordered the twill Bestop EZ-Fold through Amazon - available with Prime. Ordered on Tuesday, delivered on Friday. Took me 20 minutes to install. Aligning it perfectly took the most time.

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? 1622355415482

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? 1622355739913

OP
OP
jenkij

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I ordered the twill Bestop EZ-Fold through Amazon - available with Prime. Ordered on Tuesday, delivered on Friday. Took me 20 minutes to install. Aligning it perfectly took the most time.

Cool. They finally shipped mine, supposed to be here the third, dang sure could have used it this weekend. Have been watching Amazon for a while and it said currently unavailable on the trifold. Any pics?

Capricorn

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Architect
Cool. They finally shipped mine, supposed to be here the third, dang sure could have used it this weekend. Have been watching Amazon for a while and it said currently unavailable on the trifold. Any pics?
I will post some better pics later but here are a few I took in the garage in improper lighting - does not do justice to the JT nor the tonneau cover. :)

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? 1622514323765

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? 1622514238626

BTW, even though according to the instructions, the bracket on each side does not need to be installed on the tail gate side if you don't have the track rail, I wasn't able to get the clamp to bite the metal lip of the truck bed properly - it was slipping back to grip only the plastic part of the bed cap. Installing the clamp bracket that came with it would (as I did) would give a tighter grip specially driving over bumps or when off-roading. So I recommend that you do the step 9 and 10 even if you don't have the bed rails.

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? 1622515044118

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? 1622513829986

Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? 1622514174091

Last edited:

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
rugged ridge tri fold in premium twill that matches the soft top. Very happy
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? tonneau cover

Capricorn

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Architect
rugged ridge tri fold in premium twill that matches the soft top. Very happy
That's nice. This was my first choice but the install required bolting in the clamp in the front - and my 2021 JT did not come with threaded holes in the front. So I went for the Bestop black twill which was my second choice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jenkij

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I will post some better pics later but here are a few I took in the garage in improper lighting - does not do justice to the JT nor the tonneau cover. :)

BTW, even though according to the instructions, the bracket on each side does not need to be installed on the tail gate side if you don't have the track rail, I wasn't able to get the clamp to bite the metal lip of the truck bed properly - it was slipping back to grip only the plastic part of the bed cap. Installing the clamp bracket that came with it would (as I did) would give a tighter grip specially driving over bumps or when off-roading. So I recommend that you do the step 9 and 10 even if you don't have the bed rails.

Looks good, I bought it sight unseen (I do have the sunder for hardtop in black twill). Yeah I figured I would put that bracket in anyway even though I don't have the rail.

OP
OP
jenkij

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Finally got the EZ Fold. Long story short, if you order from the mfg you might want to do it on line and NOT over the phone. About the only thing they got right is the town I live in and the ability to charge me for it?
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? EZ Fold

Capricorn

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Architect
Finally got the EZ Fold. Long story short, if you order from the mfg you might want to do it on line and NOT over the phone. About the only thing they got right is the town I live in and the ability to charge me for it?
Jeep Gladiator Tonneau Cover Backorder?? EZ Fold
But all's well that ends well. Truck looks great.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That's nice. This was my first choice but the install required bolting in the clamp in the front - and my 2021 JT did not come with threaded holes in the front. So I went for the Bestop black twill which was my second choice.
Correct. I only had 1 threaded hole. They sent me brackets that used 1 threaded hole and 1 hole that I had to put a bolt through with a L bracket. Was a simple install and very happy with the outcome
Todd
Sponsored