Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here!

rjs-az

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Rubicon, '16 4Runner Trail
Picked up mine on...Mother’s Day . She insisted though. A year of research and was planning to wait but saw the local dealer had a couple and we wanted to take a peak.

Only two things I wanted and it didn’t have are the tonneau cover (easy add) and the front facing camera (not clear how easy this is an add to look stock as opposed to a full after market one?)

Super fun to drive - my son is asking for Jeep rides every hour or so. Now I need AMP to release the retractable steps (back to that Mother’s Day thing...)

00A5E2D2-B9BF-4733-8E01-AD239946ADCB.jpeg
Sponsored

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
I went to the site and all I see is this:

upload_2019-5-19_15-23-37.png

Is the soft top out yet?
I emailed bestop and they had no information on making an aftermarket top yet. I also talked to decked and he let me know thier system for the Gladiator wasn't out until this fall. Plus, Mopar has a 6 months window were you can only get it from Mopar. I am thinking that best top might have the same type of thing. I have a feeling if you want an after market top. It will not be out until next spring.

P90Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Launch Edition, 2011 JKU Rubicon
Has anyone taken delivery of a Launch Edition yet? I’m still waiting. My ship date has come and gone.

SuddenBraking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK Grand Cherokee
I emailed bestop and they had no information on making an aftermarket top yet. I also talked to decked and he let me know thier system for the Gladiator wasn't out until this fall. Plus, Mopar has a 6 months window were you can only get it from Mopar. I am thinking that best top might have the same type of thing. I have a feeling if you want an after market top. It will not be out until next spring.
Are the aftermarket tops generally superior to OEM? Or generally equal quality and cheaper? Forgive my ignorance - this is the first Wrangler-esque vehicle I've ever had. If they're simply cheaper, the OEM top is only like $600 so I certainly would just get that. If they're better, that's a different question.

[EDIT: BTW, I'm in the Philly area as well - right off the Newtown exit of 95.]

Sponsored

SuddenBraking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK Grand Cherokee
Sorry for spamming this thread, but since I'm here - my Rubicon had everything I wanted save for the following:

Soft top
All weather slush mats
Wireless bluetooth speaker
Spray in bedliner
Smokers group

The dealership gave me a "we owe you" for the bedliner and I'm going to get that done locally. For the rest - there should be no issue with retrofitting any of those, correct? The two that I wasn't sure about were the speaker and the cigarette lighter (pretty sure the mats and top will fit fine).

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the aftermarket tops generally superior to OEM? Or generally equal quality and cheaper? Forgive my ignorance - this is the first Wrangler-esque vehicle I've ever had. If they're simply cheaper, the OEM top is only like $600 so I certainly would just get that. If they're better, that's a different question.

[EDIT: BTW, I'm in the Philly area as well - right off the Newtown exit of 95.]

The OEM TOP is made by Bestop. So quality should be the same, At least for a Bestop one. For the JL/JK it is about 2000 for OEM. I have yet to see any prices for the Gladiator without being a factory option.

Nice I am out by Plymouth Meeting.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for spamming this thread, but since I'm here - my Rubicon had everything I wanted save for the following:

Soft top
All weather slush mats
Wireless bluetooth speaker
Spray in bedliner
Smokers group

The dealership gave me a "we owe you" for the bedliner and I'm going to get that done locally. For the rest - there should be no issue with retrofitting any of those, correct? The two that I wasn't sure about were the speaker and the cigarette lighter (pretty sure the mats and top will fit fine).

Soft top - Yes
All weather slush mats -Yes
Wireless bluetooth speaker - It doesn't look like so.
Spray in bedliner - Yes
Smokers group - should be able to get a lighter on amazon.

SuddenBraking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK Grand Cherokee
The OEM TOP is made by Bestop. So quality should be the same, At least for a Bestop one. For the JL/JK it is about 2000 for OEM. I have yet to see any prices for the Gladiator without being a factory option.

Nice I am out by Plymouth Meeting.
I was just going by the additional cost if the soft top was selected - if they price it higher than the $600 on the website as an option, would bestop generally have it cheaper? If so, I might wait until that comes out.

upload_2019-5-19_20-32-54.png

Abunchahicks

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand wagoneer
I was just going by the additional cost if the soft top was selected - if they price it higher than the $600 on the website as an option, would bestop generally have it cheaper? If so, I might wait until that comes out.

upload_2019-5-19_20-32-54.png
That $600 dollars is an additional cost to the regular soft top that is included as standard. You can’t buy a Gladiator without a top so anything that you add is plus what is included. The Bestop will be cheaper than Mopar but may not come with the installation kit that is required if you just have a hardtop.

Sponsored

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
Took delivery of mine on 4/24. About 500 miles on it so for. Very different from my JK's. Love it. Put 35's on it right away. These wheels/tires were on my 2015 JK.
IMG_6131.jpg
Did you have to swap out the TPMS from the JT to make it work?
The part number that shows for the JT regarding TPMS is on backorder already and prior to that it was on restriction. What's everyone here doing as far as TPMS?

Arop

First Name
Arop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition - White
Has anyone taken delivery of a Launch Edition yet? I’m still waiting. My ship date has come and gone.
I'm with P90Ed...
I read 7 pages in this thread to see if just 1 peson answered YES!

Ship dates have come and gone... Has anyone taken delivery of a Launch Edition yet????

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm with P90Ed...
I read 7 pages in this thread to see if just 1 peson answered YES!

Ship dates have come and gone... Has anyone taken delivery of a Launch Edition yet????
The est ship date is when the truck was planned to come off the production line. Not when it is at the dealership or even when it leaves the plant. It could take up to two weeks to get to you after it comes off the production line.

I am sure by next week someone will have one.

Arop

First Name
Arop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition - White
The est ship date is when the truck was planned to come off the production line. Not when it is at the dealership or even when it leaves the plant. It could take up to two weeks to get to you after it comes off the production line.

I am sure by next week someone will have one.
agreed... and I do realize what the estimated ship date means... Just excited to hear about the first person who may have their Launch Edition!!
Sponsored