Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Traded my '18 jlur in yesterday. Fully loaded except for the front camera, dealer gave me a good deal on the trade and a good price on the Gladiator (based on what I've seen).

20190513_200327.jpg
I would have bought those wheels from you. I'm looking for a set of those for my JT when it comes in.
Sponsored

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
agreed... and I do realize what the estimated ship date means... Just excited to hear about the first person who may have their Launch Edition!!
Amen to that

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Took delivery of mine on 4/24. About 500 miles on it so for. Very different from my JK's. Love it. Put 35's on it right away. These wheels/tires were on my 2015 JK.
IMG_6131.jpg
Did the factory lug nuts fit with the rims?
What about the TPS? did you swap them out?

Sponsored

SuddenBraking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK Grand Cherokee
Just drove 8 hours to get for a good price now safely in garage! Don’t mind the messy garage ugh. Spring cleaning needed.

10A04E93-FA90-4F35-A908-D92A408D521C.jpeg

D1FC5A41-C894-427E-9DBF-38C70FBC45A4.jpeg
I like your style ;)

First addition I did to mine was to replace the ugly dealer plater holder with a matte black Weathertech one. Wayyy better.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome! Are those 33's with the Mopar 2" lift? Looks great!

Sponsored

SuddenBraking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK Grand Cherokee

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Is the sunrider really that much better than the freedom tops? It takes me about two minutes from start to finish to put them into the bed in their holder.
To me I think there’s a few things to consider here. What is the noise level with the Bestop Sunrider shut? Does rain get in when it’s shut? What about going through a car wash? Does water pour in from a car wash? If the answer is yes to some of these things then folks may want to consider putting the freedom panels back on for the winter time. And how much of a pain in the rear end is it to do that and to switch them back out in the Spring time? And finally I bet that there’s a lot less canvas to flap into the wind with a Bestop Sunrider versus a normal Wrangler roof flipped open into that Sunrider position. Comments welcome here from folks who already have Sunriders and love em or hate em. I frankly think they would be great to have if they keep water out and are not too noisy. Takes just seconds to open or close.

SuddenBraking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK Grand Cherokee
Well, having both is only good... With the sunrider... one can open and close the top as much as you want without getting out of the car... at as stop... etc... and the freedom tops are not taking up space in the truck as useless cargo... or if you need them... get out haul them out of the bed... etc... Having both is best for sure for me...

During the warmer months... I have no need for the freedom tops to be on the truck... if you know what I mean... once having the sunrider top...

Lite Brite on Youtube, convinced me when then changed over to the sunrider top... So, much more fun...

I guess this is the answer... opening and closing the sunrider top is fun... removing and replacing the freedom top is not... at least for me... given an alternative...

And wearing the sunrider, will look way more fun and cool...
Thanks for the response. When I re-read my post I was hoping it wasn't coming across as combative (certainly wasn't intended to be, but always wary of how text gets interpreted by the reader). Definitely seems like an upgrade for the summertime, but (at this point - opinion is subject to change) I think I'm going to put that ~$700 towards a legit soft top. Just a matter of when they come out...........that being said, may very well just buy the sunrider anyhow when I'm bored and online one of these days.

If you were able to post up a review after some real world use, that'd be awesome.