First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Communications Tech
Bought our Rubicon last Monday...so stoked for our adventures to come.

Loaded, leather, nav, safety, slosh mats, tow pkg, trailer brakes, spray bed...totally in love.

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 20210428_160528

I have to admit, I wanted silver, sting gray, or white. My wife loved the dark gray, and letting her pick the color while I piled on the options was a reasonable compromise, haha
Sponsored

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Greetings from STL.

Been lurking here, for a few weeks now. We actually stumbled into our JT Rubicon in the middle of April.

(Warning, full long story, incoming :)

Originally had a 2018 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk that we bought lightly used, after my Kia Soul's engine blew up, and Kia dropped the ball on the engine replacement. While I loved the Renegade, the biggest issue I was running into, was the fact that as we added more upgrades to it, the MPG started to suffer terribly. With larger tires, and a roof basket, I was already within the 17-19mpg range... on a small 4cylinder, with a 9 speed transmission that drove me nuts.

Couple that with the fact that we were looking at potentially getting a camper to tow around, and we started to really notice the limitations of the Renegade.

So, I scheduled some time with my salesguy, and went down the dealership to simply look at Wranglers. I had zero intention of buying anything... just wanted to look and get a feel. I'm 6'2, and have been told by some of my other friends, that I needed to check out a Wrangler, to check my fit, as it were, before I even considered buying. (note: I call him, 'My Salesguy', because we've bought 4 cars from him so far, and he and the dealership are extremely low/no pressure... it's great)

After sitting in a few, test driving and playing with them, some.. none of them had all of the features I was looking for, so I was going to call it a day. Nothing was too cramped, sure.. but I wanted to look at a Wranger Rubicon, and they didn't have any in stock. The closest I came to it, was a Willys.. and while I liked it.. it still felt a bit... I dunno.. off?

As we're heading back to the main showroom area, we're chatting, and I see a couple looking at my trailhawk, gesturing towards it with another salesman, and thought I'd have to break it to them that was a customer's car. My salesguy and I started chatting about the Uconnect 8.4 system, and how we wished we'd had bought it with my wife's 2019 Compass. (She has the 7")

He starts telling me about the monster uconnect systems in the new Rams, and we head over to check them out, some.

While there, I look over, and see a Mohave and a couple standard Gladiators, I figure I'm there.. so I may as well look at them, too.

After looking at the standard Gladiators, I wasn't entirely sold.. so I moved onto the Mojave. I liked the Mojave, but the color scheme they had, and they didn't have the features I was looking for. (Cold weather, tow, led lighting, 8.4)

So, I started looking at the lower end of the lineup, and started doing the math. Sure, I could get the other packages, and then upgrade.. but I always tend to plan to add a ton of new things... and then life happens, limiting what I can add.

So, I was about to leave, when I looked across the lot a bit, and saw a Red Gladiator Rubicon. First thought was, 'Ugghg... why does it have to be red?!?'

I asked my salesguy about it, and he said it was a trade they did with another dealership, and they had just unloaded it off the truck the previous day, and literally they were in the process of adding it to the website at that moment. So, we went over and looked at it.

LED lighting? Check. Cold weather package...check... Towing package with accessory switches? Check. Uh oh....

So, I took it for a test spin, expecting it to ride and feel the same as the Mojave... and, honestly, it rides better to me. Not sure why, but the Mojave felt a bit stiff, and the one I test drove seemed a bit.. creaky? Interior panels were rattling around a bit. Sure it could have been a fluke.. but I really preferred the Rubicon. After getting back to the dealership, I researched the towing capacity differences, and decided the Rubicon would be the preferred one, for me, if I were to get it.

But, that said, I was still a little upside down on my loan for the Renegade, so figured it'd have to wait... but the Gladiator Rubicon was definitely now on my 'wish list'.

So, as I returned the keys to my salesguy, after the test drive, he asked me if I liked it or not. I told him I loved it, but like we already discussed, I was upside down, so it'd have to wait 6+ months.

He laughs, and tells me that the GM wants to talk to me, before I head out.

Turns out the couple that were looking at my Renegade, were wanting to buy it. It was exactly what they had been hitting dealerships, looking for. They had an older Renegade, and were looking for an orange and black trailhawk. I'd already upgraded the tires, installed extra cargo nets, organizational storage, and I'd replaced the lighting with canbus free LED lighting, AND I had put a custom Deathstroke mask image on the tailgate, and apparently they're comic fans, so they loved the idea.

So, the GM offered to buy the car from me, for what I paid for it, in 2019. That meant I was about 4k right side up, plus the extended warranty refund that I could roll into the down payment, AND the fact that I had an extra 5k I'd been saving up for other upgrades on the Renegade, that I'd not been willing to spend (Avid expedition bumpers, and a new lift)...

So... brought it home for the wife to check out. Her only gripe, is the fact that she's 5'2, and she literally has to climb up into it. So, rail replacements, with some steps, are in the future ;)

Went ahead, went back to the dealership, to tell them to start drafting up all of the paperwork, only to find they'd already contacted my Credit Union to see if they would approve it, pending the hard credit pull. We'd done a home refinance 2 months ago, so they already had the data handy at my Credit Union, and the same financial advisor said she'd have no issues with it.

So, to end this story... I'm a proud owner of a 'Firecracker Red' JT Rubicon.

Packages? Standard plus:
Leather interior (I could live without this, but at least the stuff is easy to wipe down..)
Tow Package
Cold Weather
LED Lighting (The difference, if you've not seen, is like night and day between the Wrangler/Gladiator halogen and LED... CRAZY difference)
8.4 Radio with Nav, and the Alpine system.
Active Safety Group
Adaptive Cruise and Advanced Safety
Aux Switch group
8 speed auto
Mopar slush mats (I actually told them to remove them, they threw them in for free at the end for being a repeat customer)
Black Freedom Top
The polished black aluminum wheels... again, I could have done without these, but then I would have been waiting... of course, the fact that my wife and kid loved the rims, didn't help.
Spray in Bedliner

... and then threw on a $0 deductible 10yr unlimited miles warranty. (yeah yeah.. I know.. I'm lazy and I don't really feel like having to have something crap out on me in the middle of nowhere)

Only complaints, after having it for half a month, is the lack of a matte hood decal (already ordered one)which allows the sun to reflect pretty heavily into my eyes, and the rear view license plate lights screwing up the backup camera at night... AND the size of the tank, makes it a bit of a heart attack when filling up.. BUT, I have to fill up 1/2 as often with the Gladiator, as I did the Renegade.. so the shock wears off, quickly :)

Have done some light dirt road offroading with it so far, no issues at all. We'll see how it does this summer, when we start road tripping with it :)

Anyway, the JTR is in my profile photo, but here's a different view (as if you've not all seen several hundred/thousand photos already, egh? ;)

PXL_20210414_233729912_2.jpg

Djcg25

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 84D48899-85CE-4BB3-885A-3EEDB8BE9418

Just picked up this Sport S Max Tow about 8 days ago and put it to work! Towed like a champ and had no hesitation in retrieving the boat. Looking forward to conversing with other Gladiator-centric individuals like myself. Wheels, Tires, and Suspension coming soon.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I'm late to the party took delivery about a month ago. I got it dirty. Oops.
6MT Rubicon, Nacho. Couldn't be happier. Well maybe a little: I wish I got the dual top group. Much more convenient when the seasons change. Other than the mpg, it's perfect. We sold our '97 TJ about 3 years ago, and I've been itching to get back in the "jeep" game since. We also have a 6mt compass as well, but someone told me it didn't count.

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 20210424_150741

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 20210424_150748

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 20210424_150720

Last edited:

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Greetings from STL.

Been lurking here, for a few weeks now. We actually stumbled into our JT Rubicon in the middle of April.

(Warning, full long story, incoming :)

Originally had a 2018 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk that we bought lightly used, after my Kia Soul's engine blew up, and Kia dropped the ball on the engine replacement. While I loved the Renegade, the biggest issue I was running into, was the fact that as we added more upgrades to it, the MPG started to suffer terribly. With larger tires, and a roof basket, I was already within the 17-19mpg range... on a small 4cylinder, with a 9 speed transmission that drove me nuts.

Couple that with the fact that we were looking at potentially getting a camper to tow around, and we started to really notice the limitations of the Renegade.

So, I scheduled some time with my salesguy, and went down the dealership to simply look at Wranglers. I had zero intention of buying anything... just wanted to look and get a feel. I'm 6'2, and have been told by some of my other friends, that I needed to check out a Wrangler, to check my fit, as it were, before I even considered buying. (note: I call him, 'My Salesguy', because we've bought 4 cars from him so far, and he and the dealership are extremely low/no pressure... it's great)

After sitting in a few, test driving and playing with them, some.. none of them had all of the features I was looking for, so I was going to call it a day. Nothing was too cramped, sure.. but I wanted to look at a Wranger Rubicon, and they didn't have any in stock. The closest I came to it, was a Willys.. and while I liked it.. it still felt a bit... I dunno.. off?

As we're heading back to the main showroom area, we're chatting, and I see a couple looking at my trailhawk, gesturing towards it with another salesman, and thought I'd have to break it to them that was a customer's car. My salesguy and I started chatting about the Uconnect 8.4 system, and how we wished we'd had bought it with my wife's 2019 Compass. (She has the 7")

He starts telling me about the monster uconnect systems in the new Rams, and we head over to check them out, some.

While there, I look over, and see a Mohave and a couple standard Gladiators, I figure I'm there.. so I may as well look at them, too.

After looking at the standard Gladiators, I wasn't entirely sold.. so I moved onto the Mojave. I liked the Mojave, but the color scheme they had, and they didn't have the features I was looking for. (Cold weather, tow, led lighting, 8.4)

So, I started looking at the lower end of the lineup, and started doing the math. Sure, I could get the other packages, and then upgrade.. but I always tend to plan to add a ton of new things... and then life happens, limiting what I can add.

So, I was about to leave, when I looked across the lot a bit, and saw a Red Gladiator Rubicon. First thought was, 'Ugghg... why does it have to be red?!?'

I asked my salesguy about it, and he said it was a trade they did with another dealership, and they had just unloaded it off the truck the previous day, and literally they were in the process of adding it to the website at that moment. So, we went over and looked at it.

LED lighting? Check. Cold weather package...check... Towing package with accessory switches? Check. Uh oh....

So, I took it for a test spin, expecting it to ride and feel the same as the Mojave... and, honestly, it rides better to me. Not sure why, but the Mojave felt a bit stiff, and the one I test drove seemed a bit.. creaky? Interior panels were rattling around a bit. Sure it could have been a fluke.. but I really preferred the Rubicon. After getting back to the dealership, I researched the towing capacity differences, and decided the Rubicon would be the preferred one, for me, if I were to get it.

But, that said, I was still a little upside down on my loan for the Renegade, so figured it'd have to wait... but the Gladiator Rubicon was definitely now on my 'wish list'.

So, as I returned the keys to my salesguy, after the test drive, he asked me if I liked it or not. I told him I loved it, but like we already discussed, I was upside down, so it'd have to wait 6+ months.

He laughs, and tells me that the GM wants to talk to me, before I head out.

Turns out the couple that were looking at my Renegade, were wanting to buy it. It was exactly what they had been hitting dealerships, looking for. They had an older Renegade, and were looking for an orange and black trailhawk. I'd already upgraded the tires, installed extra cargo nets, organizational storage, and I'd replaced the lighting with canbus free LED lighting, AND I had put a custom Deathstroke mask image on the tailgate, and apparently they're comic fans, so they loved the idea.

So, the GM offered to buy the car from me, for what I paid for it, in 2019. That meant I was about 4k right side up, plus the extended warranty refund that I could roll into the down payment, AND the fact that I had an extra 5k I'd been saving up for other upgrades on the Renegade, that I'd not been willing to spend (Avid expedition bumpers, and a new lift)...

So... brought it home for the wife to check out. Her only gripe, is the fact that she's 5'2, and she literally has to climb up into it. So, rail replacements, with some steps, are in the future ;)

Went ahead, went back to the dealership, to tell them to start drafting up all of the paperwork, only to find they'd already contacted my Credit Union to see if they would approve it, pending the hard credit pull. We'd done a home refinance 2 months ago, so they already had the data handy at my Credit Union, and the same financial advisor said she'd have no issues with it.

So, to end this story... I'm a proud owner of a 'Firecracker Red' JT Rubicon.

Packages? Standard plus:
Leather interior (I could live without this, but at least the stuff is easy to wipe down..)
Tow Package
Cold Weather
LED Lighting (The difference, if you've not seen, is like night and day between the Wrangler/Gladiator halogen and LED... CRAZY difference)
8.4 Radio with Nav, and the Alpine system.
Active Safety Group
Adaptive Cruise and Advanced Safety
Aux Switch group
8 speed auto
Mopar slush mats (I actually told them to remove them, they threw them in for free at the end for being a repeat customer)
Black Freedom Top
The polished black aluminum wheels... again, I could have done without these, but then I would have been waiting... of course, the fact that my wife and kid loved the rims, didn't help.
Spray in Bedliner

... and then threw on a $0 deductible 10yr unlimited miles warranty. (yeah yeah.. I know.. I'm lazy and I don't really feel like having to have something crap out on me in the middle of nowhere)

Only complaints, after having it for half a month, is the lack of a matte hood decal (already ordered one)which allows the sun to reflect pretty heavily into my eyes, and the rear view license plate lights screwing up the backup camera at night... AND the size of the tank, makes it a bit of a heart attack when filling up.. BUT, I have to fill up 1/2 as often with the Gladiator, as I did the Renegade.. so the shock wears off, quickly :)

Have done some light dirt road offroading with it so far, no issues at all. We'll see how it does this summer, when we start road tripping with it :)

Anyway, the JTR is in my profile photo, but here's a different view (as if you've not all seen several hundred/thousand photos already, egh? ;)

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! IMG_08011
Great story and congratulations! Can't go wrong with FC Red.

MtnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys Sport Manual
Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 20210425_132610

Ordered from factory about 6 weeks back and took delivery about 3 weeks ago.
Willy's sport stick shift

Turning radius is terrible for parking and highways with headwinds are rough for the ears, but everything else is pretty awesome. Stick shift makes it super fun to drive on local roads above 2krpm. Never got so many compliments before on a car, and attention from others is definitely noticeable when cruising around

Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! DSC_0349.JPG
Picked up my 2021 the other night. Sport S with Max Tow and other options.

ScottMc68

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Medical Sales
My second Jeep, though the first was a Liberty Renegade some years ago..., not sure that counts. Haha. I came from a 17 Ridgeline, I know....., but it wasn’t a bad vehicle, did what I needed it to do for a while. Got an inch being stuck at home and not traveling for work like I had been prior to Covid and here I am. Have to say that I love the Internet and forums and YouTube and this is a great forum!! I love to see what you all have done to your Jeeps. I’ve ”stolen” many ideas/upgrades..., so thank you to all of you who post pics/How to’s/reviews..., etc.. Some great looking vehicles out there!! My wheels, exhaust, tube doors, pedal Commander and Tazer and the various other things I have done since pick up April 1, all “stolen”!!! I couldnt be happier with everything, so thanks again!!

Have to give props to Jay at Lansdale Jeep...., go or send people to see him if in the market, great guy. To John at AWE for hooking me up with my second AWE exhaust (first one was on a SQ5 I had and love their products!!). Also to my riding buddy who when asked what options I should get said...., “get them all!!” Haha. I pretty much followed his “advice”!

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 1961A35C-C749-45D6-8F49-FCF69AF0C2DF

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! EE06BC00-0AB3-4669-977F-20A3E67650FD

Last edited:

Jfondren3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Audi Q3
Just picked up my Mojave yesterday with a manual. Loving it and so glad to be back in a Jeep. Traded my 2015 JKU Rubicon on a 2020 Tacoma and it just wasn’t for me. Luckily with the current market I was able to work out a good deal on the Mojave and get more than I paid on trade-in.

Spray-in bed liner and bed cover will be the first thing added. Not sure that I even need anything else for it immediately.

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 1DEC8692-4793-45D0-915A-DCC89619D438

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 0C4B9FD4-D669-4974-BC20-458843A7F677

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Just picked up my Mojave yesterday with a manual. Loving it and so glad to be back in a Jeep. Traded my 2015 JKU Rubicon on a 2020 Tacoma and it just wasn’t for me. Luckily with the current market I was able to work out a good deal on the Mojave and get more than I paid on trade-in.

Spray-in bed liner and bed cover will be the first thing added. Not sure that I even need anything else for it immediately.

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! 0C4B9FD4-D669-4974-BC20-458843A7F677

snazzberry looks good!