Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I completely understand your sentiment...one hundred percent. But it’s never ”stealing” when people are willing to pay any price for these mods—these Jeeps...are....selling!!
Anything, car or truck or tires or a dog or house or set of dishes, are worth whatever buyer and seller agree on. It's capitalism and market.
Doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. That's all only opinion. It's between buyer and seller.
Sponsored

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Anything, car or truck or tires or a dog or house or set of dishes, are worth whatever buyer and seller agree on. It's capitalism and market.
Doesnt matter what anyone else thinks. That's all only opinion. It's between buyer and seller.
Truth. Plus, if you finance on a good rate, it's not necessarily a bad deal either.

Sticking $10k of mods on a credit card is hateful and blowing $10k cash is just the same.
Financing an extra $10k at a low rate is less damage to credit as it's secured debt and it likely is covered more easily under an insurance claim since it wasn't done after purchase, so verification of added goods is easier.

Plus, so people simply want to buy and drive. Plain and simple.

I used to be DIY all day, every day unit my mid-40s. Cars, house, bikes, motorcycles, etc. At some point, I made enough money to buy "time" to enjoy life and hopefully someone else feeds a family from me being able to enjoy this luxury.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
My .02: watch the video most questions are answered by the video:
Op did his homework and I’ve got zero reason to doubt... he also makes informed decisions on why he did/didn’t do things.

I like it!

(Didn’t mind the vertical video, I’m a gen-x, and have an attention span of greater than a gnat) 🤣

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I used to be DIY all day, every day unit my mid-40s. Cars, house, bikes, motorcycles, etc. At some point, I made enough money to buy "time" to enjoy life and hopefully someone else feeds a family from me being able to enjoy this luxury.

Yes, indeed.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
It does read "pulse". I almost bought the same one. They add "pulse" to most of the new cars on several of their lots. Basically it is making the rear third brake light "pulse" 3 times when braking. It also comes with a slight "warranty" if anyone rear-ends you. My wife's 2020 Toyota we just bought has it also.

The markups they have are crazy. I honestly didn't buy because we were trying to work numbers on a Sunday and he could not get any of the banks to justify the extra add-ons at that price. The first APRs were coming back at over 8% because of it. I told them no thanks, plus that's when I also realized that the Overland only pulls 6k lbs vs 7k lbs for the Rubicon. I then bought a fully loaded Rubicon Launch Ed for $5-7k cheaper with the Mopar lift. The lift was $2250 installed. I am adding Rock Slide Engineering power steps for less than they had the AMP ones for on the Overland. About everything they had on the truck was double. Even the tint. I got the fronts done for $90, they had it for $199.
Flash/strobe brake lights can be done with a $10 amazon part, some solder, dialectric grease, heat shrink tubing and basic tools in about 30 minutes. $399? Sheesh. Bring your JTs to my house and I'll give you 50% off. And throw in the part for free! What a great deal!
Sponsored