Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
Looking at white knuckle sliders since i want to keep my stock rubi sliders and i cant find anybody that sells up a diy weld kit, I have welders just no tubing benders, or i would fab up my own. Anyway I am looking hard at the white knuckle. Those that have them did you get the top plate full or just the rear? Are you glad you got the top plate or would you just get the bare tubing? Their web page only shows the full top plate which i think would be good for protection from rocks and from slipping/ getting your foot stuck in the sliders but then again its 200 more for them.
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I don’t have a tubing bender either, I’m just cutting some 45s in 1 1/2” schedule 40 and making my own. 930 to start is flat out ridiculous. I did my own on my Grand Cherokee for the same reason. Just because we own expensive vehicles doesn’t mean we need expensive parts.
Jeep Gladiator Top plate or no top plate for White Knuckle sliders DE8B3366-895E-497D-BB8A-6E44451ED2FA

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I have the WK sliders with the top plate. They fit with the stock Rubi rails. The top plate is nice. As it keeps mud and snow off the sides.

NERokToy

First Name
Jefferey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willy's, 1993 Toyota
930 to start is flat out ridiculous.
This is why I am buying a tubing bender and notcher! I can get all that for $1100

On basic sliders its about $100 savings factoring in materials and counting my time as free as I enjoy this. Plans are to build front bumper/sliders for the Gladiator, bumpers/sliders/cage/shock hoops for my Toyota. That will get me at least half my money back probably more, and hopefully can sell some prebent tubes to add on to rubi rails to get the rest of the cost covered!

I understand everyones time and money carries different weight, and I have really liked the design of the white knuckle sliders since they first put up pictures of them!

Back on topic even more: My gladiator will be getting some sort of top plate to better act as a step (wife and daughter < 5' ) and to protect the paint.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
This is why I am buying a tubing bender and notcher! I can get all that for $1100

On basic sliders its about $100 savings factoring in materials and counting my time as free as I enjoy this. Plans are to build front bumper/sliders for the Gladiator, bumpers/sliders/cage/shock hoops for my Toyota. That will get me at least half my money back probably more, and hopefully can sell some prebent tubes to add on to rubi rails to get the rest of the cost covered!

I understand everyones time and money carries different weight, and I have really liked the design of the white knuckle sliders since they first put up pictures
I think you’ll make your money back a lot quicker than that. Two 8’ tubes of 1 1/2” schedule 40 is 112 bucks from Home Depot, and you can weld directly to your factory sliders. It shouldn’t take long to recoup the cost of that bender.