First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator, TJ Rubicon, Jeep SRT
Occupation
Firefighter
I know the gladiator automatically knows when you have a load and switches to “tow mode”.
But I swear the other day when I was scrolling threw my menu (Gauge cluster) it gave me the option to select or de-select tow mode.
I have a Tazer mini but I don’t remember if it was in the tazer menu or the normal gladiator set up menu.
I can’t find that setting anywhere now that I’m looking for it. The reason is that I put a RTT (roof top tent) above my truck box (but below the roofline) and I’m wondering if my truck is in tow mode because of the extra weight. Maybe 120lbs. I’m not getting the MPG I was before the install. I know I’ll have a bit of drag which in turn will reduce my MPG but I wanted to see if I was able to turn off tow/haul mode and see if that helps. It would be nice to have a light indicator to let us know if it’s in tow mode or not.
Just wondering if anyone has come across this menu option with or without the tazer mini. Thanks for reading..
Sponsored

OP
OP

Steel24

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator, TJ Rubicon, Jeep SRT
Occupation
Firefighter
Also. I’ve read that the way the gladiator knows to go into tow mode is when you plug a wire harness in. Not sure if it’s weight or plug that activates the mode.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The tow setting you are talking about is in the Tazer menu. I'm not 100 sure what it does, I've never touched it. There is no factory setting to disable or enable tow/haul, it just automatically adjusts.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Also, unrelated to towing, Try different gas. My glady went up almost 2mpg by using name brand gas rather than the discount place. Both 87 octane. It was very surprising.
Sponsored