Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone found heavier rear springs to use while towing? I have
Just Wanted to Say Howdy-Not too Many Helicopter Guys on here! Keep On Turnin and Burnin!

Woodchop

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I’m trying to find an answer. I have max tow ordered, and I will tow my camper. I want to also do some off-roading, but nothing crazy. The 245 75 AT stock tires might be too narrow, especially for beach. Has anyone identified a good lift to accommodate 35s while maintaining rake and stiff rear springs?

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I’m trying to find an answer. I have max tow ordered, and I will tow my camper. I want to also do some off-roading, but nothing crazy. The 245 75 AT stock tires might be too narrow, especially for beach. Has anyone identified a good lift to accommodate 35s while maintaining rake and stiff rear springs?
Rubicon take offs. Replace shocks and front springs. Keep your rear springs. Add a spacer lift. I was going to do it but it will void my extended warranty.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Rubicon take offs. Replace shocks and front springs. Keep your rear springs. Add a spacer lift. I was going to do it but it will void my extended warranty.
Yep depending on just how big you want to go (and how much fender clearance/articulation ability you are seeking), you could easily fit 35s with say the 1.5" Teraflex spacer up front and the Daystar 3/4" spacer in the rear. I think one of the keys is to retain the max tow springs if only going with a mild/budget friendly lift. If you want a full blown lift you would want to maybe look at AEV or Clayton that specifically focus on springs for vehicels carrying a load.

edit to add...you can easily install 33s (rubi take offs are available often for good prices) without adding any lift or spacers. Thats what I did. I am planning to add the teraflex spacer up front and the daystar spacer in the rear in the coming days, but it is most for looks.

Woodchop

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Yep depending on just how big you want to go (and how much fender clearance/articulation ability you are seeking), you could easily fit 35s with say the 1.5" Teraflex spacer up front and the Daystar 3/4" spacer in the rear. I think one of the keys is to retain the max tow springs if only going with a mild/budget friendly lift. If you want a full blown lift you would want to maybe look at AEV or Clayton that specifically focus on springs for vehicels carrying a load.

edit to add...you can easily install 33s (rubi take offs are available often for good prices) without adding any lift or spacers. Thats what I did. I am planning to add the teraflex spacer up front and the daystar spacer in the rear in the coming days, but it is most for looks.
The more I think about it, the more I believe Rubicon 33s will be just fine.
Sponsored