Tpms light on and pressure is good?

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Since I replaced my stock sport s with rubicon wheels, my tpms goes on and off for the two wheels on the left side sporadically . Today this happened . Other than swapping out the tpms from the original wheels, any suggestions?
Had anyone experienced this.

6735C54D-FC18-4C94-8E9D-C26E2BF2AC01.jpeg
Sponsored

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
Is it possible that we also get a tpms warning for too much air? That's pretty high.
I try to set mine so they dont exceed 40psi when they get warm and hot days. I find keeping them around 35-36, when cool is good.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
Check the calibration procedure in the OM. I had a new employer supplied service truck delivered from the factory, through State motor pool and USC motor pool with constant pressure alarms. Verified correct pressure all around. Still alarming. Recalibrated the system per owner's manual. No more alarms.

OP
OP
Angler3

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Thanks
ill give it a shot

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Yea, for some reason when it bombs it is for 1 side and they both read the same pressure. If you have a Tazer then turn TPMS off and back on. It took a week before mine read correctly when I put new wheels on. Before that I put JL Rubicon wheels on it and they read correctly within 5 mins. Temperamental to say the least!

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I could not get the TPMS light to go off after I changed my wheels/tires... I ended up just disabling it with my Tazer.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Also check your spare?
Spare does not have TPMS I don't think - I had to use my spare the day after getting mine and my TMPS light came on and that corner read 0.

I think it may be telling you it's too high. My rubicon door jamb says 37psi cold on stock tires (which seems high to me) and I read usually 41-42 on hot days at temperature. I say drop your pressure and see what happens

OP
OP
Angler3

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
So I should add that they worked fine for the first few months ( tpms ) with the occasional double red dash on the left wheel, but wouldn't stick around for long. This hiccup is new. But for some time Now, the two on the left have the double red dash. I lowered the psi to 35 and they worked for about ten minutes. Now the top left shows the dash. Thinking I might have to pluck the original tpms out of the wheels it came with and install them in the Rubi wheels.

OP
OP
Angler3

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
This might be my hiccup
Jeep Gladiator Tpms light on and pressure is good? 34F322E6-703E-41F1-BBED-B1301F13E365
Sponsored