First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JT
Occupation
Teacher
I recently upgraded to 37s. Can someone help me out with the way to get my tire pressure/computer to relearn or pick up new sensors in wheels? Thank you.
Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
The TPMS sensors changed in mid/late 2021. Do you have the correct ones? Discount Tire can scan them and tell what is installed.

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
I don’t think there is a procedure. I tried resetting with flash cal to no avail. I kept changing min/max trying to nail it down, nothing. Then 2 weeks later went off. No trouble since until my 2nd tire rotation yesterday. Now back on again.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
There is no procedure you drive and if they are they right ones the computer picks them up usually happens in a mile or 2 of normal driving. If none are being picked up they installed the wrong ones

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
There is no procedure you drive and if they are they right ones the computer picks them up usually happens in a mile or 2 of normal driving. If none are being picked up they installed the wrong ones
IDK if this is the case though? I got 2 flat tires in a very short time. First was my driver side rear so I put the spare on and went and got that patched and then blew out my passenger rear. I hadn't even put the tire I got patched back on the driver's side so I just put that on the passenger side rear. Now the gladiator says that there is a TPMS sensor on the side where the spare is (which doesn't have a TPMS) but not the side where the actual stock patched tire is. So it seems the TPMS sensors are registered to specific locations no?

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
No the computer can tell where they are in relation to the vehicle

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Heck, mine were picked up before I left the tire store. Granted, I bought all mine through Benny and they are genuine MOPAR parts the exact ones listed for my year (2020) truck.
They put in the sensors, they pulled my truck out of their shop to the front of their shop (maybe 20 yards) and by the time I left, it was reading the new TPMS sensors.
Sometimes the sensors, new ones, need to be woke up.
There is a procedure for that for some of them if they've been sitting. It's not the truck, it's the sensors that there's a process for. Not sure if that applies to the proper/correct MOPAR sensors, though.

OP
OP
Savagedavid33

Savagedavid33

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JT
Occupation
Teacher
Thank you everyone for your help, I will drive a bit more and see. If not guess I will contact seller company to check specifics and maybe have to return and try again. 🤨

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
This is one reason for SOME things, I buy from trustworthy sellers and buy genuine OEM parts with the correct part number. I just don't like the hassle - and my wife would say "why did you try to go cheap again......" while I was trying to get a refund, and get the correct part.
It might be different if it was a part I installed myself.
Since I bought MOPAR part numbered sensors, they are fully covered by Jeep if they didn't work.

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Mopar sensors pick up on their own. Nothing for you to do. Just make sure they are the correct ones. There are two different models Based on the vehicles build date...before and after 6/5/21.

Sponsored

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Mine are reading the pressure but location of actual tire does not match position on dash and the tpms light is still on in dash.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Heck, mine were picked up before I left the tire store. Granted, I bought all mine through Benny and they are genuine MOPAR parts the exact ones listed for my year (2020) truck.
They put in the sensors, they pulled my truck out of their shop to the front of their shop (maybe 20 yards) and by the time I left, it was reading the new TPMS sensors.
Sometimes the sensors, new ones, need to be woke up.
There is a procedure for that for some of them if they've been sitting. It's not the truck, it's the sensors that there's a process for. Not sure if that applies to the proper/correct MOPAR sensors, though.
even oem sensors need to be woke up by the dealer sometimes.
installed mopar sensor in my alloy spare so I could do 5 tire rotation and the. First rotation with the spare did not register until the dealer woke. It up.
Sponsored