dustanner

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate the thoughtful comments.

Keeping the Tesla for commuting and JL for the weekend makes perfect sense for many reasons. Except, I don’t want two cars, two parking spaces, two insurance payments, four car seats, etc. I’d really like to consolidate to one vehicle so I was thinking the JT might be the best compromise - a better highway ride than JL but still fully capable and a bed for utility. Also, while I really like the Tesla, I much prefer a Jeep. I love the higher ride, physical buttons, CarPlay, seat comfort, and more.

I haven’t made a decision yet but I have the Tesla up for sale to see if it will. Now, if Jeep adds employee plus pricing on JT Rubis, I might just do it...
Sponsored

OP
OP
dustanner

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I have a Model 3 and a JT. Here is my opinion:

1. I drive the JT daily. My first Jeep, my first truck. I drove high-end FAST cars previously. I like the JT more than I ever thought I would. Installed some aggressive tires and wheels and changed my attitude from "Get out of the way" to "GET OUT OF THE WAY".
2. I am not a fan of the Tesla. Too smart for me. I like knobs, buttons, switches, and the fact I am driving the car, not the car driving me.
1. Lol yep! I feel like I might get ran over in the Model 3 but not in the JL!
2. I have to agree with you on the tech, which is crazy because I work in tech and love it. But when it comes to driving, I miss doing it myself. I have full autopilot and it is amazing but like you say, makes the commute kind of boring.

Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
dustanner

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
UPDATE: Well, I did it! I sold the Model 3 and purchased a JT! My beloved JL will be up for sale soon.

I found a Launch Edition for a great price but passed because it was it was silver and I really wanted a change coming from Sting Gray (which I loved!). I ended up getting a great deal on a Bright White with most of the options I wanted and 0% financing with no payments for 120 days.

So far, I LOVE the Gladiator! It feels much more solid and planted on the road with a smoother ride. The 3.6 sounds way better than the JL’s 2.0 turbo whine. The JL has more torque but the JT’s power is a lot more smooth. This is my 6th Jeep and first truck - don’t know how I lived so long without a truck. The bed is already super fun for the kids.

Now, the new build starts...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE: Well, I did it! I sold the Model 3 and purchased a JT! My beloved JL will be up for sale soon.

I found a Launch Edition for a great price but passed because it was it was silver and I really wanted a change coming from Sting Gray (which I loved!). I ended up getting a great deal on a Bright White with most of the options I wanted and 0% financing with no payments for 120 days.

So far, I LOVE the Gladiator! It feels much more solid and planted on the road with a smoother ride. The 3.6 sounds way better than the JL’s 2.0 turbo whine. The JL has more torque but the JT’s power is a lot more smooth. This is my 6th Jeep and first truck - don’t know how I lived so long without a truck. The bed is already super fun for the kids.

Now, the new build starts...
Welcome to the [truck] club... I grew up with trucks and working around the family farm, hunting land, working manual labor jobs, and hauling things, so I've always had both trucks and muscle cars, so from the beginning I've known the advantages of both. Now, if you can find a way to integrate both into 1 (6.4 Hemi-swapped JTR) then you can get the best of both worlds... This is partially why I have a 6.7 Cummins with 600 RWHP & 1,100 RWTQ. It will haul anything I could ever hook behind it, and still rip the asphalt apart at the push of the throttle, and blow the doors off most cars... :devil:
Sponsored