Sponsored

Should I trade my Sport S for a Diesel

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I love the idea of a diesel JT. At the same time my best friend had an ecodiesel ram he couldnt wait to trade out of. Its a very different drive for sure.

My vote is save your loot and enjoy what you have. Save that money for a TRX that will make you forget everything you know about that tundra and that jeep. lol.

Are you comparing a TRX to a Tundra and a Jeep? :headbang:
Sponsored

Silvertruck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Are you comparing a TRX to a Tundra and a Jeep? :headbang:
no, clearly there is no comparison between a trx and a tundra or a jeep. But, it cost as much as both combined. Clearly i love the gladiator if you look at my build thread. The trx is an awesome truck though. I was kidding around

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The Tundra TRD Off-Road and the Jeep Gladiator each serve a purpose for me. That’s why I have both.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford Raptor and the Gladiator Rubicon do it for me

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to swap out for the D.F. JT (at times) but I don't want to take the bath on my Max-Tow, I could undo most of my mods and could move over to the D.F. model. But it's not worth the squeeze. I did see at a few gas station that D.F. and regular was same price... :crying: gas going up. That is only going to get worse.... for both. Might be time for me to get back figuring out a E.V. conversion for my MJ or something. It would need a 150-200 mile range and I don't see any E.V. that would do what I need / want. My driveway can be shift to 4WD if it's been raining.:like:

Sponsored

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
Do it. If you own a gladiator and a tundra then it would appear the small financial hit wont leave you in a position where you would greatly regret it. I ordered a diesel because I just don't think I could be happy with the mini van motor after test driving the diesel. Major difference. If you watch the canadian Youtuber A Story Till Now, he test drives one and describes the diesel as feeling like a sports car. Obviously way over blown, but the difference in power is night and day with the diesel having sufficient power to feel entertaining.

At the end of the day for a lot of people the gladiator isn't a need. especially if you have multiple vehicles. So you might as well drive the version your most happy being in. Ill drive the diesel for a couple years and if a v8 comes out I'll trade up or maybe move to a trx or whatever the next thing is that's fun. For the people who are buying 50k jeep trucks and a few grand is a major financial hit, I would think they are probably in the wrong vehicle, they should have just bought a base model tacoma for half the price that will last five times longer.

AJG

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I’m biased towards diesels, absolutely love how they drive. I’ve driven em for the last 15 years and just got into a JT V6 with manual trans cuz I missed the MT even more. Too bad they don’t offer the diesel with the MT cuz that’s what I’d be driving. If your fine with the auto, I’d get the diesel in a hartbeat...

Dennisbeyle

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Retired
Trade have a JTRD w/10k on it jus love it! Drive it hard all the time always over 20 mpg. Enough torque to still make smile every time I stand on it and I like to smile

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
First, i didnt read all the posts…as soon as members started being jerks i just skipped to the end. Not worth my energy to follow their bickering.

As for a trade. I can understand the desire since i think about the same a lot. What stops me, aside from a higher payment, is that it seems the diesels had some issues that need to be worked out before I think it will live up to its potential. Engine cooling, transmission issues, excessive exhaust regen cycles, lower payload, ect. They may not be as prevalent as the forum makes them seem, but its been enough to keep me from making to jump.

:fist bump:

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I have a JT for hunting, relatively narrow, rocky trails and a good distance-to-empty while taking easily available gasoline in small, isolated towns. It is also good for daily driving in the urban environment. My Cummins powered Ram is for towing, mostly. It is "fat" and stiff-riding on trails and has a long wheelbase. Now, consider your real uses of a JT vs. other vehicles and your decision will be yours, and the best for you.
Sponsored