Trail Rail For Sport Model

jonrdt70

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Rescue Green JKU
Can you add a trail rail system to the Sport model? I have been looking at the Diamond Back Covers and they are only making covers for beds with the trail rail system.

If I buy the sport can I add the rail system after the fact?

Thanks
Jon
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Sure you can. The bolt holes in the bed should already be drilled. The difficult part will likely be finding a part # for the rails and actually getting them sourced.

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
Sure you can. The bolt holes in the bed should already be drilled. The difficult part will likely be finding a part # for the rails and actually getting them sourced.
pretty sure the Trail rail is listed on the mopar site..350 ish....

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
WXman is 100 percent correct. I saw a Sport S about a week ago, did not have the trail rail system, no bed plug, no storage box under rear seats. On front and sides of the bed were holes for the rails to screw into. And when I looked into each of the holes I could easily see where they were threaded holes for each screw in each and every hole.

And by the way for a part number just give a VIN number for any truck on your dealerships lot that has the trail rail system to a parts department person. They can then look up the front and side rails to then give you a price for those rails.

And be prepared to be shocked by the price. I did this to find out what the box under the rear seats would cost and it was only $1200

And you know that the trail rail system from the factory is about $950 and that includes the bed rails, the bed plug and the box that goes under the rear seats. Can be done, can be ordered, will be expensive, 100 percent guaranteed.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
I have been looking at the Diamond Back Covers and they are only making covers for beds with the trail rail system.
I just went on Diamondback's website and when ordering their Diamondback cover for Gladiators, there are options to choose if your Gladiator comes with or without the trail rail system.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jonrdt70

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Rescue Green JKU
Maybe they have changed. Below is from a 6/21/19 email.

Thanks for that. Honestly we are not sure right now. We have not found one truck without the trail rail system locally and it appears the bed rails could be very difficult to work with. Might only be a tack option only. The good news is you can add that track after the fact if needed

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
OP
OP

jonrdt70

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Rescue Green JKU
Awesome! That is a whole lot more reasonable than I anticipated. Thanks for finding.
Sponsored