Sponsored

Trying the Build a '21, and have some questions the dealer can't answer- trying here

agloom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon; A4
I test drove a '20 Rubicon Gladiator Saturday after playing around with building and trying to get to a dealership 150 miles away that has a Hydro Blue Sport in a Manual- but sold before I could make it.
Since then I have done more and more research and reading this forum as much as I can. Which has me currently looking at a Rubicon- though the Mojave is tempting- that gray leather with orange stitching I really like. But my uses are as a toy hauler and deep snow driver. In Northern Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan- so logging roads, not too much dune riding.

My first question was this- The Rubicon I drove was pretty fully optioned. I have three boys- the Rubi had a three prong plug in the back seat along with the USB and AUX inputs. The salesman thought that came with the trailrail system since that gives the exterior 115 outlet. I see that the 8.4 UCon Upgrade has a 400 inverter, same as the trailrail- so I was thinking that provided those rear seat inputs and power. Does anyone know?

Second Question is, and I have seen it asked a few times, but is there a source for all the differences in each model for '21 yet ( I want a manual and there are only 4 within 400 miles, most over-optioned for me with all the safety and I really don't get to a city). Things like when does the dual zone climate control start?

and last for now- has anyone researched the continuing costs of all the Sirius upgrades on the 8.4? I really like some of them, but I have had the radio service in the past, but the cost seemed too high as soon as bluetooth streaming became standard- but if affordable, the other options are interesting in the UConnect.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove a '20 Rubicon Gladiator Saturday after playing around with building and trying to get to a dealership 150 miles away that has a Hydro Blue Sport in a Manual- but sold before I could make it.
Since then I have done more and more research and reading this forum as much as I can. Which has me currently looking at a Rubicon- though the Mojave is tempting- that gray leather with orange stitching I really like. But my uses are as a toy hauler and deep snow driver. In Northern Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan- so logging roads, not too much dune riding.

My first question was this- The Rubicon I drove was pretty fully optioned. I have three boys- the Rubi had a three prong plug in the back seat along with the USB and AUX inputs. The salesman thought that came with the trailrail system since that gives the exterior 115 outlet. I see that the 8.4 UCon Upgrade has a 400 inverter, same as the trailrail- so I was thinking that provided those rear seat inputs and power. Does anyone know?

Second Question is, and I have seen it asked a few times, but is there a source for all the differences in each model for '21 yet ( I want a manual and there are only 4 within 400 miles, most over-optioned for me with all the safety and I really don't get to a city). Things like when does the dual zone climate control start?

and last for now- has anyone researched the continuing costs of all the Sirius upgrades on the 8.4? I really like some of them, but I have had the radio service in the past, but the cost seemed too high as soon as bluetooth streaming became standard- but if affordable, the other options are interesting in the UConnect.

Thank you in advance!
Hate to add to the choices but with where you are and what you are needing have you thought about the North Edition?

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I believe only the rubicon has that Inverter as standard with 115 volt outlet inside. The power to the bed supply uses that Inverter but you have to choose that package to get the bed power supply and cargo box ect. Sport s models and I believe overland do not have the inverter stock with the 115 voltage outlet. 21 model gladiators are basically still the same besides a few minor things and colors

OP
OP

agloom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe only the rubicon has that Inverter as standard with 115 volt outlet inside. The power to the bed supply uses that Inverter but you have to choose that package to get the bed power supply and cargo box ect. Sport s models and I believe overland do not have the inverter stock with the 115 voltage outlet. 21 model gladiators are basically still the same besides a few minor things and colors
Rubicon only- very interesting possibility- Mojave as well maybe?

Sponsored

OP
OP

agloom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon only- very interesting possibility- Mojave as well maybe?
I answered my own question- searching for low option Mojaves or Rubicons and you can pull the window sticker and it expounds on all the things the base model has-
so 115 backseat outlet in both Rubicon and Mojave stock.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I answered my own question- searching for low option Mojaves or Rubicons and you can pull the window sticker and it expounds on all the things the base model has-
so 115 backseat outlet in both Rubicon and Mojave stock.
Yep alot of people when they compare a sport s vs a rubicon only name lockers quick disconnect ect but there's alot of other things stock on the rubi you don't get on the other models.

OP
OP

agloom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another Question-
Debating the 8.4 if I don't get the camera and go with a black grill instead- (because of course you can't have both).
Looking through the package pages- the 8.4 gives you "Off Road Pages" on the Mojave. I did like this feature and the kids would love it.
8.4 upgrade package did not give "Off Road Pages" to the Rubicon- and of course it has it. So my question is, does that mean it is on the 7" Screen on the Rubicon- so is standard?

One more thing the Rubicon has that Mojave has to upgrade to maybe?

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Another Question-
Debating the 8.4 if I don't get the camera and go with a black grill instead- (because of course you can't have both).
Looking through the package pages- the 8.4 gives you "Off Road Pages" on the Mojave. I did like this feature and the kids would love it.
8.4 upgrade package did not give "Off Road Pages" to the Rubicon- and of course it has it. So my question is, does that mean it is on the 7" Screen on the Rubicon- so is standard?

Off road pages in only available on the 8.4" Uconnect.

I went with the 7" screen on my Rubicon because I couldn't justify the overall package cost since I just use CarPlay all the time anyway.

OP
OP

agloom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off road pages in only available on the 8.4" Uconnect.

I went with the 7" screen on my Rubicon because I couldn't justify the overall package cost since I just use CarPlay all the time anyway.
Thank you!

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Another Question-

Buy it with the 8.4 Uconnect and the front camera. Buy the black grille separately and install it yourself. Transfer the grille pieces and camera from the factory grille to the replacement. There's a thread here somewhere from someone who did that.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I’m buying a black grill after I take delivery and swapping it. That way I’ll always have a pristine, factory quality painted factory grill, and the black one getting smashed on and off road won’t bother me
Sponsored