First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
n/a
I am going to stick with paint..............but LineX will be my back up. Got everything adjusted and spot welded the hinges. One coat of primer. Hopefully tomorrow I can fill in a few places and final sand. Then paint if the weather is warm enough.

tube doors primed.jpg
Gee thanks. :facepalm: After seeing this pic I am starting to wonder if I should paint mine Sting Gray...but I'm probably too lazy for that... only time will tell I guess. :giggle:
Sponsored

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
I'm genuinely curious how the paint holds up. Please post after a few months with a follow-up. this looks really sharp, and I could see myself doing this with my Rugged Ridge doors. But I worry about the longevity of the paint.

336mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Gladiator
Really nice - I’m tempted to do mine now…

Gray Matter Jeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
n/a
Has anyone found a mesh insert that works well with these? I realize Body Armor 4x4 doesn't have a direct product, but based on the doors opening, there's probably one that's pretty close.

Any thoughts on the Fortis Door mesh?
Has anyone tried them?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
Not sure on a mess insert. Love the doors! Heavy duty and work perfectly. Up date: Paint - it does chip off with a good hit. Bike fell against the wall and chipped one. I had a screw driver in my hand and scratched one. SO.......at some point I think Line-X will be the way to go. I thought someone said they can color match. But for now...........doors off.............tube doors on!

Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) IMG_1362
love the

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
Not sure on a mess insert. Love the doors! Heavy duty and work perfectly. Up date: Paint - it does chip off with a good hit. Bike fell against the wall and chipped one. I had a screw driver in my hand and scratched one. SO.......at some point I think Line-X will be the way to go. I thought someone said they can color match. But for now...........doors off.............tube doors on!

Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) IMG_1362
love the
I don't have experience with Line-X but I used Raptor Liner from the spray can on a bumper and it held up really good. I think I paid $35 per can and you probably would only need 2 -- they have colors too!

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue

IMG_1362.jpg
love the
yes they can color match. I looked into it when doing my bed. It was an additional $350 if i recall correctly, so not cheap but they can get it spot on. I chose not to do it for that cost. So far my black line-X has been super durable, but it's also only a year old.

SpeedNeed

First Name
Speed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, S4, Panamera
Recommendations for Tube Doors in plain black?

A set of four ranges from around $400 (Tyger brand on Amazon) to around $1200 for the MOPAR branded ones, and everything in between. Some have mirrors, mirror mounts, or nothing. Not sure if any of them lock. I don't really know what to look for but I'd hate to get a set that rattled or were a hassle to open and close.

Toro34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 JKU Sport, 15 JK Sport, 23 Mojave
Has anyone found a mesh insert that works well with these? I realize Body Armor 4x4 doesn't have a direct product, but based on the doors opening, there's probably one that's pretty close.

Any thoughts on the Fortis Door mesh?
Has anyone tried them?
i would say it's fairly easy to make your own. I made a bikini top using some dog kennel mesh, tarp eyelets and 'bungee balls'

Sponsored

Gray Matter Jeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
n/a
Recommendations for Tube Doors in plain black?

A set of four ranges from around $400 (Tyger brand on Amazon) to around $1200 for the MOPAR branded ones, and everything in between. Some have mirrors, mirror mounts, or nothing. Not sure if any of them lock. I don't really know what to look for but I'd hate to get a set that rattled or were a hassle to open and close.
Personally, here are the things I find important.

1. Optional Panels: IF you go off road, or even drive gravel roads, buy a set that follows the lower outline of the door opening. NOT a set that only goes part way down to the bottom of the door. This way you can add (removable) mesh or solid panels to prevent a lot of debris from flying into your vehicle. I had a gravel chunk get tossed into my cab within the first 10 miles... it hit the ceiling, then my head, then landed in my wife's lap. We are so thankful it was small & didn't harm us. We could have easily got hit in an eye or something like that. Ouch!

2. Rattling. I've owned two different sets of tube doors, for two different Jeeps. Neither of them have rattled. I suspect they are all designed so they can be adjusted to prevent rattling.

3. Mirrors. I prefer a regular size mirror, located where I have a habit of looking for my regular mirrors on my regular doors. Yes, I tried the round A-Pillar mirrors. Too small & vibration bugged me... They're not for me. Tube door mounted mirrors are usually bigger & you can leave them on the doors. They're basically part of the door after your initial install.

4. Locking Latches
. I really liked having locking latches on my JKU. I do not have locking latches on my JT & it makes me nervous. Why locking tube doors? So it's not as easy to steal the actual tube doors. 👍😀

HydroWilllys

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Grey Matter Jeep makes EXCELLENT points - totally agree with all of them. Ive had 2 sets of doors (JK and now JT) and run them 5 months of the year. Get the mesh... and pop for good mirrors. Zero rattling as you use washers to adjust a body bushing. I’ve been pelted or nailed by road debris that the mesh blocked that could have caused harm. PLUS, the padding offers a nice arm rest. Love my Body Armor doors. The mesh inserts are also body armor..not sure why you didn’t see them... think I ordered mine through Quadratech.
Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) 47E29AB9-8755-4384-9A7D-9A2BC6D9077F

Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) F2AFC955-F4E5-4EFC-8D42-B85B52FB4A4A

Gray Matter Jeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
n/a
Grey Matter Jeep makes EXCELLENT points - totally agree with all of them. Ive had 2 sets of doors (JK and now JT) and run them 5 months of the year. Get the mesh... and pop for good mirrors. Zero rattling as you use washers to adjust a body bushing. I’ve been pelted or nailed by road debris that the mesh blocked that could have caused harm. PLUS, the padding offers a nice arm rest. Love my Body Armor doors. The mesh inserts are also body armor..not sure why you didn’t see them... think I ordered mine through Quadratech.
47E29AB9-8755-4384-9A7D-9A2BC6D9077F.jpeg

F2AFC955-F4E5-4EFC-8D42-B85B52FB4A4A.jpeg
I bought different Body Armor 4x4 doors. They go all the way down to the sill/opening.

As far as I can tell Body Armor 4x4 does not make mesh inserts for them, so I will need to get something figured it out.

Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) Screenshot_20230517-170829_Samsung Internet

Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) Screenshot_20230517-170817_Samsung Internet

Jeep Gladiator Tube Doors: Body Armor (2023) 20230514_183924

Last edited:
OP
OP
Freebooter

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
Those are the same one's I bought. I wanted the thicker 2" tubes. The black looks good against the blue!

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
That looks great!

but can someone explain the purpose in these tube doors that are not modular? I can understand the ones that accept uppers and have covers, but the ones like these that are just tubes and nothing else….why?

is it purely an aesthetic thing or is there a purpose vs simply having no door at all?
Sponsored