Sponsored

Tube Rack for Gladiator

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Ideally, I would like to have a rack system which works with the factory tonneau cover.

Most everything I've seen for racks has used the trail rails/bed rails in such a way that a tonneau will not work (or at least work poorly).

I was curious if there is anything about the design of the Gladiator which would prevent making a tube-style rack, which completely avoids the truck bed rails/trail rails. Similar to these racks for the Wranglers.

A design like that would appeal to me, both in terms of look and function--particularly in retaining unobstructed use of the bed.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Delhux

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With room to remove at least the from two freedom panels or open a bestop at the very least. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. The safari drawings seem to approach that elsewhere on the forums.
Of course you are right, it would be frustrating if that sort of rack blocked the ability to change out the hard or soft tops.

I have to imagine, though, it could be done. And if I could have a tube rack capable of a 350-500lb load while leaving the bed unobstructed and retain use of the tonneau—that’d be awesome.

Rebornfungus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking for something similar. I want a hard folding cover. And either an integrated rack or a tube/rack that I can still easily open/close the cover.

The closest I’ve found is the backflip. But they only make full sized bed versions(at least for now).

https://bakindustries.com/bakflip-cs-f1

Anyone seen anything like this for the gladiator?

Krash1642

First Name
C. Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ 7 (Bessie), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Bright White (DJ), 2016 Jeep JK Willy’s (traded for wife to get Ford Focus due to work), 2018 JLU Sahara (Wife’s traded for JT)
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking for something similar. I want a hard folding cover. And either an integrated rack or a tube/rack that I can still easily open/close the cover.

The closest I’ve found is the backflip. But they only make full sized bed versions(at least for now).

https://bakindustries.com/bakflip-cs-f1

Anyone seen anything like this for the gladiator?
They make this for the Colorado’s and canyons... since the tonneau covers work that fit those models I had also wondered if this would work on the gladiator as well...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Delhux

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They make this for the Colorado’s and canyons... since the tonneau covers work that fit those models I had also wondered if this would work on the gladiator as well...
Something like that with some at least some options for more overland-style rigging would be nice.

I’d love to see a rendering with this rack on a Gladiator:

7C78CB4E-24D4-434D-BE80-72DACF0D4554.jpeg

fuelcell1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Granite
I would like to see something like this ^ as well where you can still take the top off

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I would like to see something like this ^ as well where you can still take the top off
I don’t even need full access for the entire top off...just freedom panels and I’d be happy. Looks like those cross bars are adjustable....forward when I need longer coverage, slide back to access freedom panel.

Really need a nice solution for a Roofnest or other RTT that isn’t the leitner (don’t like the drilled support bars in the rear). All other racks I’m aware of end lower than roofline, making the longer hard side RTT not fit.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase