Turning bed lights on and off on base Sport model

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I have seen on one video someone from Jeep turning the bed lights on and off with the key fob. And I saw a key fob for a base Sport model in a video showing that there’s no buttons to push since there’s no power locks on a base Sport model. So I am wondering how you can turn the bed lights on and off with a base Sport model when there’s no buttons to push on the key fob. Anyway know? Thanks to advise.
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I have seen on one video someone from Jeep turning the bed lights on and off with the key fob. And I saw a key fob for a base Sport model in a video showing that there’s no buttons to push since there’s no power locks on a base Sport model. So I am wondering how you can turn the bed lights on and off with a base Sport model when there’s no buttons to push on the key fob. Anyway know? Thanks to advise.
There a illumination button on the left side of the dash you push to turn the lights on from what I've seen

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I believe it's on the switches that are below the far left ac vent . All trims have it I believe

2EE780A9-6021-4CA0-9B38-C69B1C408464.jpeg

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Thanks @Rex3rd. I shall check that out when my truck gets in. Will certainly need those lights at night especially since I will have a Mopar hard trifold tonneau cover on the bed.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I haven't played around with them very much, but when I have a door open the bed lights come on as well. I haven't ever pushed a button to turn them on.

Sponsored

DaBuzzkill

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
From the owners manual.

agpumwdQxJ7uK2OF1YFf2GodVbRIc9Kdny0Rnli0ZbvY9u-9DYqKbTiTeg_w?width=1285&height=841&cropmode=none.jpg
Thank you. I’m a self-proclaimed idiot I thought those were the fog lights because of the angle of the light Duh. I missed that in the owners guys and wondered why the fog lights sucked so bad. Oops

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I’m a self-proclaimed idiot I thought those were the fog lights because of the angle of the light Duh. I missed that in the owners guys and wondered why the fog lights sucked so bad. Oops
I’m not good with the stupid icons. Truth is, I played with it and finally read the owners manual.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Add me to that idiot list because I thought that was the fog light button as well. Now I have to go figure out where I turn on the fog lights apparently. It's only been 3 or 4 months of stupidity.

Now for the big question since I just went in the garage to play. What does the dial next the the interior dimmer switch do?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to that idiot list because I thought that was the fog light button as well. Now I have to go figure out where I turn on the fog lights apparently. It's only been 3 or 4 months of stupidity.

Now for the big question since I just went in the garage to play. What does the dial next the the interior dimmer switch do?
The lower half button is the bed lights, the upper half button is the fog lights. There is a dash indicator in the speedometer to show the fog lights are on. Mine retains the fog light setting between trips. The inner scroll wheel is for the ambient lighting in the doors, footwells, and cupholders (depending on the model).

Last edited:

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
The age old saying RTFM...:headbang: it holds all the answers.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I’m reading on page 30 says here’s a switch in the bed to turn on WTF where ??!
I think I read about that in another post. If I remember correctly, it was a planned feature that was not implemented. But I'm not sure.

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I think I read about that in another post. If I remember correctly, it was a planned feature that was not implemented. But I'm not sure.
It does not exist. Updated owners manual reflects this.
Sponsored