AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
Hello,

Have a 2021 Rubicon Diesel and last night it took it out on snow covered roads for the first time. Had it in 2H and wanted to powerslide a turn... did not work.
In 4H i could do the 5 sec pres of the ESC, but it would still activate. In 2H could not do more than just the press of the ESC button.
How do I get the ESC, TC, ERM off, and stay off... in 2H and 4H. With them off you would be able to powerslide, and also its what you need for the desert.

My previous jeep was a JKU when i lived in Cairo, Egypt. With that one i recall there was some long procedure and it was a PITA. What we ended up doing was putting a switch onto the wire that powered the gyroscope that was located in the console between the passenger and driver seat. You flipped the switch off (off position/cut power to gyroscope), everything turned off (don't recall if ABS also turned off). Flipped the switch back on and after the car was turned off and on, everything was back to normal.

I realize the JT is quote a bit more sophisticated from an electronics standpoint than the JKU...

Is there some other procedure to turn off the nannies?
Thx!
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I just turn off traction control and I can drift like McQueen.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hello,

Have a 2021 Rubicon Diesel and last night it took it out on snow covered roads for the first time. Had it in 2H and wanted to powerslide a turn... did not work.
In 4H i could do the 5 sec pres of the ESC, but it would still activate. In 2H could not do more than just the press of the ESC button.
How do I get the ESC, TC, ERM off, and stay off... in 2H and 4H. With them off you would be able to powerslide, and also its what you need for the desert.

My previous jeep was a JKU when i lived in Cairo, Egypt. With that one i recall there was some long procedure and it was a PITA. What we ended up doing was putting a switch onto the wire that powered the gyroscope that was located in the console between the passenger and driver seat. You flipped the switch off (off position/cut power to gyroscope), everything turned off (don't recall if ABS also turned off). Flipped the switch back on and after the car was turned off and on, everything was back to normal.

I realize the JT is quote a bit more sophisticated from an electronics standpoint than the JKU...

Is there some other procedure to turn off the nannies?
Thx!
Tazer. TC kill will turn those off in 2wd, 4wd and keep it off when shifting between.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, However, My brake loc ( which I hate) seems to affect mine for drifting, even after I turn off the traction control. rear wheel chattering from time to time. It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but thats what it is on mine.

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
I just turn off traction control and I can drift like McQueen.
Can you please elaborate on what/how you turn it off and in what mode the Jeep is in terms of 2H 4H, Off Road+

Thx

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Power cuts until tires get traction. Bad for hill climbing and mud. Turn it off to keep tires spinning. In mud spinning tires clear mud easier. On hills you want to keep your momentum, so having the power cut is no bueno. In four low its automatically disabled. It can be desirable to have it on for icy roads. This is my opinion only. Once again, big snowy icy parking lot to practice.

Last edited:

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I have a traction control button in my 2020 Sport S. I will take a pic of it after work. I am in 2WD and hit that button....the dash reads "traction control off" And I can slide her all over. Can even lock the wheel and do a controlled spin 180 or 360 on a tight snowy road by feathering the throttle.

The JT is very well balanced and throttle response is excellent. My kids laugh like crazy when we do it.

Can you please elaborate on what/how you turn it off and in what mode the Jeep is in terms of 2H 4H, Off Road+

Thx

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Power cuts until tires get traction. Bad for hill climbing and mud. Turn it off to keep tires spinning. In mud spinning tires clear mud easier. On hills you want to keep your momentum, so having the power cut is no bueno. In four low its automatically disabled. It can be desirable to have it on for icy roads. This is my opinion only. Once again, big snowy icy parking lot to practice.
Having it cut off while reaching the top of a big icy hill and sliding down backwards into an area with parked cars is an experience.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
That little button that says "off" I hit that no more traction control.

I have a traction control button in my 2020 Sport S. I will take a pic of it after work. I am in 2WD and hit that button....the dash reads "traction control off" And I can slide her all over. Can even lock the wheel and do a controlled spin 180 or 360 on a tight snowy road by feathering the throttle.

The JT is very well balanced and throttle response is excellent. My kids laugh like crazy when we do it.
tempImageiTJS0Q.png
Sponsored