Sponsored

U-Connect 1/2 screen turns white

• Thread starter Deleted member 28696
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 28696

Was wondering if others were experiencing this issue?

The Uconnect Screen on my 2021 JTR had a glitch today where 1/4 of the screen turned completely white, I turned it off and then on and still the same. You could only see about 1/2 of the backup camera if that, the touch screen still worked but you couldn't tell what you were hitting since part of it was completely gone. I went and walked around the lake took some photos and came back turned on the vehicle and then noticed that that the white was fading like a sunspot glare and it slowly faded back to normal by the time I arrived home. I did some research and I see people in the wrangler forum complaining about the same issue, some have photos posted so I know it's the same symptom. I haven't seen this issue posted in the Gladiator forum, maybe I missed it. I really haven't had any issues with it until today I've had the vehicle for about 6 months now.
Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I had the exact thing happen to me. It slowly faded back to normal and I didn't experience it again. My dealer is far away, so I took a picture and later the next month when I took it in for an oil change, I showed them and asked if they can document. He said "no, we will order a new radio" He said these things have a lot of problems and it will go bad. They replaced it and it's been fine so far.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28696

I had the exact thing happen to me. It slowly faded back to normal and I didn't experience it again. My dealer is far away, so I took a picture and later the next month when I took it in for an oil change, I showed them and asked if they can document. He said "no, we will order a new radio" He said these things have a lot of problems and it will go bad. They replaced it and it's been fine so far.
Good to know, yeah exactly the same issue, next time I'll take a photo of it but like you said haven't experience it since. I appreciate the reply.

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
Like this ? It eventually disappeared during the day. Mine has only did it once but the dealer did see it and did an update to "fix" it (which I dont believe one bit this is software issue)

Jeep Gladiator U-Connect 1/2 screen turns white IMG_0744

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Like this ? It eventually disappeared during the day. Mine has only did it once but the dealer did see it and did an update to "fix" it (which I dont believe one bit this is software issue)

Mine was like that but it was a left third. Same white.

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical

IMG_0744.jpeg
That’s such a damn good album! Still prefer tell all your friends but their first 3 were excellent.

OP
OP

Deleted member 28696

Mine covered half the screen but yes pretty much the same.
Sponsored