tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have the same clunking noise.
mine doesn’t clunk at a stand still. It’s when I’m going pretty slow and turn left or right and go over a little dip. So when it flexing it makes that noise it’s really strange
Mine makes the same clunk too on going on bumps or dips at an angle. When the truck rocks side to side basically.
Sponsored

Anserkilldu8

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mojave

Mine makes the same clunk too on going on bumps or dips at an angle. When the truck rocks side to side basically.
Yeah man it’s annoying!! Still can’t figure it out it’s really strange!! And my truck also started grinding on 4x4 left or right turn in loose sand!! Like a metal to metal noise

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland

Your truck is heavily worked on, his is stock. I would be surprised if it's the same cause.

OP
OP
Delhux

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
I got the truck back earlier this week and the noise seems to be resolved.

They confirmed that the trac-lok clutches in the rear differential had failed. They replaced the rear diff carrier and side bearings.

They were also aware that the bushings on the adjustable track bar had failed and I brought them the revised bushing that @TeraFlex had sent me in response to my original post about the clunking noise.

My @JeepCares case manager followed up with me and I was able to confirm the right-turn clunking issue was resolved.

I actually had the presence of mind to ask about the fact that ever since day-1 of ownership the passenger-side of my windshield defrost doesn’t work unless I block the vents on the left or center of the windshield defrost vent. I usually don’t think of it much outside of winter time, but the case manager said it should definitely be something to address under warranty. So I will have to plan another dealer excursion at some point. But for now, I’m going to focus on just having a bit of fun in the summer months.

Anserkilldu8

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mojave
I got the truck back earlier this week and the noise seems to be resolved.

They confirmed that the trac-lok clutches in the rear differential had failed. They replaced the rear diff carrier and side bearings.

They were also aware that the bushings on the adjustable track bar had failed and I brought them the revised bushing that @TeraFlex had sent me in response to my original post about the clunking noise.

My @JeepCares case manager followed up with me and I was able to confirm the right-turn clunking issue was resolved.

I actually had the presence of mind to ask about the fact that ever since day-1 of ownership the passenger-side of my windshield defrost doesn’t work unless I block the vents on the left or center of the windshield defrost vent. I usually don’t think of it much outside of winter time, but the case manager said it should definitely be something to address under warranty. So I will have to plan another dealer excursion at some point. But for now, I’m going to focus on just having a bit of fun in the summer months.
Glad u got ur issue resolved! Ima have to check my truck for the same thing. But have fun brother!!!

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
My JT is fine however my JL after 12,000 miles had a clunk when turning right at slow speeds. Also would clunk just parked turning wheel back in forth.

It's now SOLVED! This might help you guys with same issues.

I had a set of longer Mopar lower control arms and decided to install on the JL. It's been three days since installation and no more clunk. Totally gone! I can't believe it cured the clunk.

I touch nothing else under the Jeep. The stock lowered control arms were not loose. In fact wasn't sure if I was going to get them loosened. Have fun if you doing this yourself. Oh, and I see nothing wrong with the stock arms I removed.

Anyways I waited 3 days before posting to make sure clunk never returned. Still clunk free.

And a side note the 1/4" longer LCA's did help the steering wandering.
Sponsored