Uconnect 3 5” Display — No XM Radio??

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So when going all through the process of what I needed on my Gladiator... it never crossed my mind that XM Radio was not available in some of the Uconnect 3’s. It’s. 2020 vehicle.. Anyway... is there anyway to get an update to where I can activate it? Seems so weird to have all the options I have on my Gladiator and no XM. Some have it and some don’t. I’m trying not to let it tick me off lol. I love my Gladiator.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Last edited:

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
wow that's kinda surprising. Both my JK's had basic oem radios and those had XM.

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
All XM subscriptions now come with streaming on your mobile device. Maybe not quite as integrated as you want but you can just stream it. Do you have CarPlay? If so, you can control XM streaming through CarPlay.

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’ve thought of that and I still have a subscription to Sirius active... it does you no good when you don’t have any service on your phone... I live in a rural area so not sure that would work... unless I am missing something.

Sponsored

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve thought of that and I still have a subscription to Sirius active... it does you no good when you don’t have any service on your phone... I live in a rural area so not sure that would work... unless I am missing something.
That’s true. You would need service on your phone. I guess I am spoiled as I live in Northern Virginia and don’t have don’t experience a lack of cell service. But may help some when you do have service.

OP
OP
DylanR

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
What’s so funny is... I was extremely specific in the Gladiator I purchased. They had to get it from another state. Has every option I was looking for... went in to the radio settings and was like what the heck.. I am coming from a ‘17 F-150 with apple car play sync massive touch screen whole 9 yards... all my other jeeps we XM capable. Sorry just ranting I guess... how can you have a heated steering wheel with no XM. That’s kinda like hey let’s put auto start on your vehicle but you get roll down windows. Makes no sense...lol

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Your other option is to add a new head unit with XM. You can get a very nice system for a few hundred dollars that has everything and with the right adapters it ties into the Jeep system including steering wheel controls.

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your other option is to add a new head unit with XM. You can get a very nice system for a few hundred dollars that has everything and with the right adapters it ties into the Jeep system including steering wheel controls.
Yea the link below is one of the first systems. There have been some comments that the cheaper systems can cause problems though. A techie would need to weigh in. The good systems are going to run close to 1k I’d think. Anyway with what I’ve read I’m going with the monitor upgrade and conv packages.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...e-9-octa-core-android-navigation-radio.37626/

SIPHERphi

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator sport s
I had the same problem, my dealer swore up and down that if we order the alpine speaker upgrade then the 7inch display would be installed. But it wasnt which I also will be missing the duel climate and the controls to go with it and the larger instrument cluster. I still have XM radio, but here is an upgrade option.

Radio 7 inch
https://www.infotainment.com/collec...-navigation-radio-uconnect-uaq-4c-nav-upgrade

Volume, climate control
https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-hvac-climate-control-kit
Sponsored