Uconnect 7” touch screen flickers

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Here's my screenshot. Does this show that it's updated?

I took it back a second time and they told me that they did a "hard reset" twice and then could not replicate the issue from their apple phone. 15 minutes after leaving it started to flicker again for us on Android Auto.

We have another appointment Monday but they didn't seem hopeful.

IMG_20210312_083523989.jpg
What Tufelhundin said. Your FW/SW should match my image above. Sounds like you need to get JeepCares involved because your service dealership is not updating your UConnect from what I’m seeing. Make sure next time you go check your FW/SW before you leave the lot. I heard it’s only a 5 min process where they put a flash drive in your system that updates your UConnect. Also, tell them the TSB number above provided by JeepCares.
Sponsored

Pastrbuzz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Teacher
What Tufelhundin said. Your FW/SW should match my image above. Sounds like you need to get JeepCares involved because your service dealership is not updating your UConnect from what I’m seeing. Make sure next time you go check your FW/SW before you leave the lot. I heard it’s only a 5 min process where they put a flash drive in your system that updates your UConnect. Also, tell them the TSB number above provided by JeepCares.
Thanks. I just called and let the service manager know this and he's got the USB stick ready for me for Monday. I will definitely confirm that they did it before I leave the lot. Thanks for your help.

mentorISH

First Name
Ismail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Hospitality
Mine does the same thing, but only when Apple CarPlay is active. Does it intermittently no matter the conditions. I’ve had mine 6 months and haven’t even hit 3000 miles, so I’ll bring it up with the dealer at my first oil change. Probably needs an update or something. Not enough to call “distracting” for a recall issue. It’s just annoying haha
I'm having the same issues... Just left the dealership and they told me it could be an iPhone/Apple Carplay issue. But no software update for it.

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
I’m sure that’s what I’m going to run into, so I took a picture of the message above from Jeep cares and just ask them WTF

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hello everyone--

We heard your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience. If any of you would like additional support while working with your dealers to get your specific situation individually diagnosed and addressed, let us know! Simply send us a private message with more details about what you're experiencing and we can go from there.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
I took mine in and the told me they had a TSB concerning the radio but the TSB stated the update has not been released yet. At least they acknowledged there is a TSB out there......

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
hopefully they will keep us update. I just let mine act crazy, though its annoying seeing it out of the corner of my eye.

Pastrbuzz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Teacher
Mine stopped flickering with the new update. But I had to tell my dealer about the new, new update with the number and all. The techs apparently weren't aware of it. They updated mine to an old update at first and it didn't fix anything. I'm working on a week and a half on the new update and no issues.
Sponsored