UCONNECT

txbillwright

First Name
William A Wrigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Addition
Navigation on my 2020 Gladiator sucks. I have or have had multiple vehicles with FCA Navigation, 2008 SRT8 Challenger, 2012 SRT8 Challenger(still have), 2015 SRT Challenger, and a 2014 1500 Longhorn Laramie RAM (Traded for the Launch addition Gladiator) so I know how to use the navigation system. No matter what I do to the setup the nav will not stay on the highway. Also when I connect my phones and use their navigation the system arbitrarily reverts back to the call screen in the middle of a trip so I have to grab the phone and look at it for Nav details. Also of note I am a professionally trained navigator so FCA needs to figure out what is wrong with the software load in these new trucks. Otherwise I absolutely love the truck, get lots of looks. I guess they really mean the statement may be lost but never stuck. Pic for effect.

20191019_100055[1].jpg
Sponsored

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
My wife's Wrangler came with the 5" uconnect, so no nav was a reason for me to look aftermarket. While waiting in Insaneaudio.com to release their JL specific model I have noticed the factory unit doesn't even keep time properly.

The JL3001 from Insane runs it's own Android software, so it will run it's own version of any of your phones apps while connected to a hotspot. And it's GPS runs without cell reception.

HQuinn

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
RN-Clinical Data Analyst
Navigation on my 2020 Gladiator sucks. I have or have had multiple vehicles with FCA Navigation, 2008 SRT8 Challenger, 2012 SRT8 Challenger(still have), 2015 SRT Challenger, and a 2014 1500 Longhorn Laramie RAM (Traded for the Launch addition Gladiator) so I know how to use the navigation system. No matter what I do to the setup the nav will not stay on the highway. Also when I connect my phones and use their navigation the system arbitrarily reverts back to the call screen in the middle of a trip so I have to grab the phone and look at it for Nav details. Also of note I am a professionally trained navigator so FCA needs to figure out what is wrong with the software load in these new trucks. Otherwise I absolutely love the truck, get lots of looks. I guess they really mean the statement may be lost but never stuck. Pic for effect.

Jeep Gladiator UCONNECT 20191019_100055[1]
I agree! I was excited to have a navigation system, but it sucks and I don’t use it. I use maps on my phone via car play.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I agree! I was excited to have a navigation system, but it sucks and I don’t use it. I use maps on my phone via car play.
Do you have the 8.4, and are you running Apple's Maps on Carplay? Mine works flawlessly in that configuration.

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the 8.4, and are you running Apple's Maps on Carplay? Mine works flawl
I agree...I have the 8.4 so can’t comment on anything else, but as long as the apps are updated I use Google Maps, Apple Maps and Waze on CarPlay and it is flawless. In fact I have a Ford that it works flawlessly on as well. I will never use or rely on built in nav in a vehicle....mainly because they are not updated enough, do not show changes to routes in real-time based on traffic, accidents or construction. In fact I don’t believe I have even touched the built-in nav in my Jeep. I have in my Ford and can say it sucks!

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
The NAV works fairly well and is convenient. Don't like plugging in my phone. However, you are correct that on certain routes it wants to take me off the interstate as it seems to go after the shortest route when time is the same. Should be a setting like interstate preferred
Sponsored