Update: JT Jeep Pickup Truck Arrives at Dealerships April 2019

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG
I'm all in if this has a diesel engine available. I've got a 2014 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel that I love. It'd look great next to JT diesel. Hoping the diesel is available at the launch!
http://www.bankspower.com/news_rele...r-2014-17-jeep-grand-cherokee-3-0l-ecodiesel/

love that banks is already ahead of the game, I guarantee they will make available for the JT 3.0 diesel as well... Banks is already bragging that they could possible push the 3.o liter turbo EcoDiesel to upwards of 600hp. that would be NUTS!
Sponsored

TxTravisty

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 OUTLANDER SPORT, 2008 BUICK ENCLAVE, 1933 CHEVY COUPE, 1968 MUSTANG

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
http://www.bankspower.com/news_rele...r-2014-17-jeep-grand-cherokee-3-0l-ecodiesel/

love that banks is already ahead of the game, I guarantee they will make available for the JT 3.0 diesel as well... Banks is already bragging that they could possible push the 3.o liter turbo EcoDiesel to upwards of 600hp. that would be NUTS!
This is for the pre-18 ecodeisel. With a gen 2 engine, and a new transmission being mated to it, I would think they would have to re calibrate this for the new diesel power plant coming.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
This is for the pre-18 ecodeisel. With a gen 2 engine, and a new transmission being mated to it, I would think they would have to re calibrate this for the new diesel power plant coming.
No doubt. Though I can't wait to see what VMI does with this thing out of the box.

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
No doubt. Though I can't wait to see what VMI does with this thing out of the box.
It will be exciting to see what the aftermarket does with this platform. I'm more interested in efficiency tuning. I want to see what GDE does with this generation of the ecodiesel. MANY people praise what the did for the original 3.0.

Either way I don't think we will see these in market for a couple of years. The tinkerers will need test subjects to tweak on, and those wont be on the market to them any earlier than they will be for us.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
http://www.dieselarmy.com/engine-tech/engine/an-inside-look-at-the-ram-1500-3-0l-ecodiesel/

Now, I know the towing specs. are off due to the size and capability of the JT, but this is a great read on the EcoDiesel 3.0 turbo new MOPAR/FCA collaboration
I have a lot to learn about diesels as I've never owned one but that article is incredibly detailed and informative. The diesel JT might win my vote when it comes time to buy depending on cost. I've got a year to count my pennies.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
It will be exciting to see what the aftermarket does with this platform. I'm more interested in efficiency tuning. I want to see what GDE does with this generation of the ecodiesel. MANY people praise what the did for the original 3.0.

Either way I don't think we will see these in market for a couple of years. The tinkerers will need test subjects to tweak on, and those wont be on the market to them any earlier than they will be for us.
Yea I really want a tune the can maximize fuel economy and range. The 420+TQ out of the box I think will be more then enough for me, as I just would like to be able to throw 37s on and not have it kill the milage and range.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

I think they're looking at 600Lb/ft of torque, not 600HP, but that's STILL nuts! My tuned 6.0 F-250 is putting down just a bit more at around 750Lbs and it's *almost* scary fast. And that's in a 7000lb truck with 35s.

--EDIT--
I stand corrected - apparently before the engine was ever shipped in a Jeep, Banks worked on it with VM Motori and produced a version they sell to the military. A Banks engineer is quoted as saying "The 630T has the potential to make more than 600 hp in race trim."

Mother of monsters! Assuming the same 4500 RPM redline, that's 700Lbs of torque. I guarantee I would need to clean my drivers seat if I drove a Wrangler or JT with that much torque. Guess I should be getting leather...

http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/expert-advice/1208dp-banks-vm-motori-630t-v6-diesel-engine/

Sponsored

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Been away for awhile (my apology in advance), but are you saying the 3.0 EcoDiesel will be/will not be available at launch? Wifey is off a Tesla Model 3, so the Jeep Gladiator Savings Fund is back on...

I test-drove a Chevy Colorado V6 recently and hated it enough to completely eliminate the 2.8 Duramax...

Also, if Jeep throws out Sahara Tan and/or Rescue Green for the initial year = jackpot

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
EDIT: NM .... didnt read the whole post

EDIT #2: After looking at Chevy's site I realize its because the 2.5L is the 4cly so I was confusing that with the diesel.

Weird it makes such low power if its a variant of the 3.0L in the Ram/Grand Cherokee. That 0.2 displacement increase really helps that much?
Sponsored