Sponsored

Vehicle color combinations.

Elanachan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep TJ Wrangler Sport, 2014 Toyota Prius
Vehicle Showcase
So, if I can get to the point where I have free reign over the options on my next two vehicles, I am trying to figure out weather or not to have similar colors or do a contrast. I may have mentioned on another thread that one of the colors I am considering for my Gladiator is Hydro Blue. I am also considering Firecracker Red, Punk'n Orange, Gator if it looks better in person, or something close to Tonka Yellow if they come out with it before I'm ready to buy. I am of the opinion there are WAY TOO MANY grey-scale vehicles on the road. This includes white, black, ANY shade of grey, or silver. The only reason my frontier is black is because I bought it used for a bargain bin price with 80 thousand miles on a 2006 model equiped with Nissan's equivalent of the Rubicon trim.

With those details out of the way, I also plan on getting an all wheel drive Prius as well, possibly before the Gladiator if Uber ends up being a long-term source of employment. Toyota also offers the new Prius in a shade of blue quite similar to our current option on the Gladiator, which prompts the question; should I become the owner of two new vehicles of almost identical colors, or mix it up? The only other factory colors Toyota offers that would avoid the grey-scale cliche are a darker, almost maroon red, or the green color they've had since the early 2000s model mom had, which flipped when she hit a gravel patch on a windy road about 10-20 minutes from her house. Part of me is considering letting the Prius get the blue and give the Gladiator something else. Either way, I want to shake up the lack of color on the road around here. My S.O. even suggested painting one of them purple!
Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm waiting for Punk'n to come out before I order a JT. Might even consider Hydro Blue once I'm able to see it in person. I currently have a white JLU, and while I think the white with black accents looks classy, Jeeps are made to stand out and I regret playing it safe.

I think you should do separate colors for your cars. Have the best of both worlds depending on your mood.