Sponsored

Very curious about the typical forum member - why all the modifications?

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
For me it’s a hobby. I’m always tinkering with something. Anything remote control, mounting bikes, what ever vehicle I own, I’m building and/or modding.

I’m always diving into something new for a few years, then I get excited about the next project and move on to it. Right now the Gladiator is that project. So for now, I love eating, sleeping, and breathing all things gladiator.

The forum is great because I can learn, share, and tell people when they are wrong. Basically, vent my gladiator enthusiasm here, instead of driving my friends and family nuts.
Sponsored

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I didn't mean to make everyone defensive. I thought the question was clear: why all the modifications? We use them in their stock form, use them every day, feel no need to express ourselves through them. They are simply an every day, common tool here. I assumed there was something different about our surroundings that caused that.

I asked all the off road shops within 100 miles, then I came here. It was just a question; I am sincerely sorry I asked.
LOL, that makes more sense! I mod mine because my environment is not hills and mud. Ground clearance is very much a thing for where I drive on the weekends and a tent on the back for when I'm done with people.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Come on brother, I’m in the same state. There are tons of modified Jeeps of all models. Red Dirt Jeep Club has over 4000 members and the vast majority of them are modified, many heavily mod’d. Lots of good wheeling and good Jeep folks in OK.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Take it from a brand spanking new cat ......IF you don’t live in the right part of this great country, it may get missed. IF you do, do yourself a favor and go spend some time in one. I just traded in my road course racing days for wanting more off roading In our great country. One of the best moves I’ve made ...and yes, there are Gladiators in the wild. Enjoy!

Jeep Gladiator Very curious about the typical forum member - why all the modifications? B35A8D71-3E0A-471A-8B52-75EB6E6BC87F

Jeep Gladiator Very curious about the typical forum member - why all the modifications? 31579CEA-D754-4E50-984F-D8D1CD5FE869

Jeep Gladiator Very curious about the typical forum member - why all the modifications? 4E6E1524-E07E-41E5-9136-BC8BC7DCB0FD

Sponsored

Red-Paint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2019 RS3
Occupation
Contractor
Im new too Jeep. A contractor so I drive F150 or F250 for ever. I love my Trucks and like to play with them. So CAI, Cat back exhaust ect, ect, (they don't ever help) Is a way for me to enjoy my truck. Drove my son's JL and started looking at JT. Now Clayton 3.5 lift, Falcon adj shocks, 37 tires, Wench, ect, It's a hobby for me. A daily driver that's never gone off road. I just love it. It's tall. Looks Military, Rides great, It's my tool box, Office, Transportation. I wave to others. I get it !! Im A Jeep guy.

OP
OP

Oknotiller

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202q
Occupation
2021 JTS
Come on brother, I’m in the same state. There are tons of modified Jeeps of all models. Red Dirt Jeep Club has over 4000 members and the vast majority of them are modified, many heavily mod’d. Lots of good wheeling and good Jeep folks in OK.
You may be correct. I'm in the extreme northeast. Not aware of any. Again, very sorry to post.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Jeeps are just like Harleys, the only difference is that one has four wheels and the other, just two.

A person can choose to drive it till it dies, as it came, right from the factory....or a person can decide to buy it for top dollar and still drop another $40,000 into it. At the end of the trip, either will get you where you wanna go.

Another persons bike—or their Jeep—isn’t for you to question...it’s not for any of us to question. Buy/drive/mod what you want...or don’t.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Oh...ok. well I customized mine because I always wanted a vehicle I could actually call mine. Despite so many modified Jeeps out there, Mine is still unique to me. Plus, I just think stock Gladiators look silly, except for the Rubicon and Mojave.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I didn't mean to make everyone defensive. I thought the question was clear: why all the modifications?
Au contraire. In your original post, you you did not ask why modifications. What you asked is:

"trying to understand the love and infatuation expressed by the posters here".
"So, tell me about your environment so I can grasp this fan base".

Seemed to me like you were asking "Why are you guys so enamored of your Gladiators?"

Your questions seemed directed to produce defensive answers.

And what did you expect? This is, after all, jeepgladiatorforum.com It is not OklahomaGenericDiscussionsAboutVehicles.com

Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I'm just curious, not judging at all. Here, one in five vehicles on the road except pickups is a Jeep product, half of them are Wranglers. Of those, maybe one of 20 is not pure stock, maybe one of 100 has any modification except mild tire/wheel upgrades. I have not seen a Gladiator "in the wild" except purely stock Sports and Sport S. Jeeps are just another vehicle here. Granted the state's roads are 95% unpaved, and we have 24 towns over 20,000 population, but a stock Jeep is just a common source of transportation.

I stumbled on this site trying to figure out a solution for mudflaps, since I can't get to my shop without slinging mud all over the sides, but I've hung out for over a month trying to understand the love and infatuation expressed by the posters here.

By the way, here a truck is over 32,000# gvw. So, tell me about your environment so I can grasp this fan base.
A Jeep is like a LEGO brick. It just begs to be added on to.

timwiller

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 J-3600 Gladiator. 2021 Willys Sport
Occupation
retired
Nobody's Gladiators look silly!!!! sounds like a "midlife tire crisis" ... my hydro blue 2021 Willy's edition base model is anything but!

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Oknotiller, RokBlokz makes really nice mudflaps, front are essential, rears not so much. Everything else is not close. The rear flaps are crazy expensive but built to outlast the Jeep. I went with fronts to save the sides from stones of my long driveway and salt and mud, they worked great ended up dropping the coin to get the rear ones also. I can’t help you with your other question......Jack

Last edited:
OP
OP

Oknotiller

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202q
Occupation
2021 JTS
Oknotiller, RokBlokz makes really nice mudflaps, front are essential, rears not so much. Everyyhing else is not close. The rear flaps are crazy expensive but built to outlast the Jeep. I went with fronts to save the sides from stones of my long driveway and salt and mud, they worked great ended dropping the coin to get the rear ones also. I can’t help you with your other question......Jack
Thank you. I understand all Sports regardless of the axle width use the same flap for the front?

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Yup, website gives different sizes, but you’ll be fine with orginal standard for both ends of your Glady, enjoy the smarties, you’ll know later.....Jack
Sponsored