Sponsored

Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Will probably depend on how dark the base material is. If it's already a blackish color it could take a LOT of color to get it close to actual body

You could pretty easily do it with the right length machine bolt and washers where the hold down pegs would be. The issue is them sliding around but you can just bolt them
My buddy retained the Mat buttons for floor mats because he just coated the carpet.
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
Heat may not be an issue where you are but it definitely is in Houston! Front seats are normally ok but it gets warmer in the back seats in the summer.

You mentioned cutouts and fit were spot on. Do you think the Armorlite would work over the top of the Sound Assassin sheets. I want to add as much protection as I can get. thanks
Hi Colin, Sound Assassin is 80mil thick, which is about .08 of an inch. Unless the Armorlite is very precise, I would think you could do both no problem.

-Mark

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon Unlimited, JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
ARMORLITE
This thread makes me so happy! I really believe in this product and I am glad to see you guys enjoying it.
Thank you for making this post and sharing your experience. Seeing the love over here made me purchase a sponsorship. I am a firm believer in supporting those who support you.

So with that said, I will share a promo code we just started using on social media. This way those of you who missed the presale can save 10%
go to GoArmorlite.com and enter JeepJamboree10 at checkout for 10% off orders over $100.

Let me know if you guys have questions or concerns and I will do my best to help.

Again thank you, and love the pup!

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
This thread makes me so happy! I really believe in this product and I am glad to see you guys enjoying it.
Thank you for making this post and sharing your experience. Seeing the love over here made me purchase a sponsorship. I am a firm believer in supporting those who support you.

So with that said, I will share a promo code we just started using on social media. This way those of you who missed the presale can save 10%
go to GoArmorlite.com and enter JeepJamboree10 at checkout for 10% off orders over $100.

Let me know if you guys have questions or concerns and I will do my best to help.

Again thank you, and love the pup!
Shit... Lol! This may be just the push I need to place an order. Thank you so much for providing this product.

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ARMORLITE
I don't want to over run this thread with a bunch of sales pitch so I am going to answer a few of these direct in this post if that is okay with everyone.

I never had an issue with heat. I dont think it's going to keep much sound out. It is a pretty tick layer of underlayment and then the rubberized part, but it isn't sound deadening. But I also have 35x12.5 mud terrains on so they're just loud as is.

Mud mats? You don't need mud mats anymore, the whole thing is a giant mud mat.
So typical aftermarket sound deadening is a butyl based rolled good. This stuff is good for sound but best for absorbing vibration. Armorlite has a thick layer of woven and tuffted insulation. This does a great job with sound. That insulation topped off with the hard top layer create a cavity where sound waves bounce around until the insulation absorbs the sound energy.

How well do you think it'll hold up, mainly from heel wear under the skinny pedal? All of our trucks at work have vinyl floors, and they all have holes in them where the corner of your heels rests while driving. Are you still able to use the factory for mats (for extra padding) with this floor system?
I wear cowboy boots with a hard sole I am a destroyer of mats, our JK has had a floor in it for 2 years and has no wear. Our floor was designed to be much more durable than a drop in mat and way more than oem floors. Our guarantee will back that up. You see wear, I will give you a new one.
Carpet is breathable. Moisture and condensation can escape.

I’ll be curious to see how this affects the floor pan after long term use. In the South I could see a LOT of humidity and condensation built up under these so my concern long term would be corrosion.

They certainly appear to be quality but I can Line-X for less $ with no worries about trapped moisture.

Your stock carpet if you do a cut away has a hard rubbery barrier layer. In this regard our flooring would not perform any different we just don't have carpet on top. The insulation is polyester so the fibers them selves wont absorb water. I have not seen any issues with moisture because of humidity. I personally live in TX and travel through the south also.

No matter what, I'm going to figure out a way to still run floor mats. Maybe something like the weatherTech that fill out the tub won't slip around.

I know over time floor mats look like crap, but then you just replace them. The same will hapen to the top of the Armor Lite, but it's expensive to replace every 3-5 years.
Beowulf, I encourage you to try it out without a mat, if you wear it out because of normal wear and tear, I will give you a new one, for life. And I mean normal wear, dirty work boots every day, trail rides, leaving the top off, dogs getting all excited, washing it out. All the things a Wrangler is meant to do.

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't want to over run this thread with a bunch of sales pitch so I am going to answer a few of these direct in this post if that is okay with everyone.

So typical aftermarket sound deadening is a butyl based rolled good. This stuff is good for sound but best for absorbing vibration. Armorlite has a thick layer of woven and tuffted insulation. This does a great job with sound. That insulation topped off with the hard top layer create a cavity where sound waves bounce around until the insulation absorbs the sound energy.

I wear cowboy boots with a hard sole I am a destroyer of mats, our JK has had a floor in it for 2 years and has no wear. Our floor was designed to be much more durable than a drop in mat and way more than oem floors. Our guarantee will back that up. You see wear, I will give you a new one.

Your stock carpet if you do a cut away has a hard rubbery barrier layer. In this regard our flooring would not perform any different we just don't have carpet on top. The insulation is polyester so the fibers them selves wont absorb water. I have not seen any issues with moisture because of humidity. I personally live in TX and travel through the south also.

Beowulf, I encourage you to try it out without a mat, if you wear it out because of normal wear and tear, I will give you a new one, for life. And I mean normal wear, dirty work boots every day, trail rides, leaving the top off, dogs getting all excited, washing it out. All the things a Wrangler is meant to do.
Thank you, Kail.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

These responses are too solid. Please stop, I don't need to buy anything else for the jeep right now. ;)

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
These responses are too solid. Please stop, I don't need to buy anything else for the jeep right now. ;)
I agree 200%, but I have always wanted a full rubber floor in my JT.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Our guarantee will back that up. You see wear, I will give you a new one.

[snip]

...if you wear it out because of normal wear and tear, I will give you a new one, for life. And I mean normal wear, dirty work boots every day, trail rides, leaving the top off, dogs getting all excited, washing it out. All the things a Wrangler is meant to do.
Wow, solid! Glad to see a vendor stand behind their product so firmly! :like:

Helryd68

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon(totaled), 2022 Sport S Diesel
I ordered this plus PRP seat covers for similar reasons.
Now that I know sound assassin strips work underneath I’ll be adding those in once the Jeep arrives and doing hot head liners.

I found a company with precut dynamat for the doors so that’s on the way as well. The custom stereo system is gonna be niiiice.
what company did you use to get precut dynamat? I am doing the entire Gladiator with dynamat and it would be much easier using precut.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Hopefully tomorrow I will be installing full Hot heads assassian strips and Armorlite, if it isnt shitty outside. The GF will be very happy for our upcoming trip this weekend if I can quiet the cab down lol

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Hell, I need this in my life. But the more important question is do you make these for the seats too ha ha?

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
@Armorlite_Kail, the center section of my rear piece sticks up past and interferes with the seat supports. Is it intended to be that way or is it something I need to trim.

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. amorlite rear

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ARMORLITE
@Armorlite_Kail, the center section of my rear piece sticks up past and interferes with the seat supports. Is it intended to be that way or is it something I need to trim.

Jeep Gladiator Very excited about Armorlite full interior, maybe my favorite mod yet. amorlite rear
Yes. When the seat is closed it seals off with a slight interference fit.