Not open for further replies.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I don't know where those numbers came from, but according to the CDC numbers, COVID hasn't even scratched the surface of what the flu has done.

And, flu is every year!

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Which begs the question... if the flu (and car crashes, cancers, suicides, etc.) kill FAR more people, what exactly is causing society to be completely and totally decimated like this? Is it really the virus, or is it the news media?
Some look around and see a problem.

Some do not see a problem.

Been on my mind.

So today, asked people "alright, if 500,000 died, would that change your mind".

Best/worst answer?

"150 million would".
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I don't know where those numbers came from, but according to the CDC numbers, COVID hasn't even scratched the surface of what the flu has done.

And, flu is every year!

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Which begs the question... if the flu (and car crashes, cancers, suicides, etc.) kill FAR more people, what exactly is causing society to be completely and totally decimated like this? Is it really the virus, or is it the news media?
I can’t tell if your serious or not. As a Healthcare worker, I am 100% sure you will change the tone of your message in one month.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
AP-NORC poll: Less than half back Trump's pandemic response

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans give high marks to state and local governments for their handling of the fast-moving coronavirus pandemic that has swiftly remade everyday life. But less than half approve of the job done thus far by President Donald Trump and the federal government, according to a new survey from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research.

Even so, and while he remains deeply polarizing, the poll finds Trump’s approval ratings are among the highest of his presidency. Forty-four percent of Americans support Trump’s oversight of the pandemic, in line with his overall 43% approval rating. That’s at the high end for the Republican president during his more than three years in office.

https://apnews.com/1a7c1f7f226c6d04fa7ca380998a7e9a

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
I see they have renamed -19 to (Sars-Cov-2) No misunderstanding, no confusion now !

The Donald's address to the Nation Yesterday may have been one of the finest ever made. Yea, he works wid mis-confusion and mis-direction quite a lot, maybe all the time. So The Press and Nancy can constantly bitch things up all the time. Yea the Fed is hanging onto Ventilators, who knows how the security of the Country is gonna bend as this thing doubles every 5 days. Today it looks as if 1 death in 60 is the norm. Hope it levels out soon !

Well: U know the Fed doesn't give a squat if it moves to tough ! At least for a short period of time, like the next elections dates.

Last edited:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Well you just as well buckle in cause until the come up with a drug treatment plan to help alleviate the bad symptoms such as the pneumonia or a vaccine which is still quite a ways off. This virus is going to burn through the world as long as it can find a host to latch into. Currently its is not known and assumed that no one has any innate immunity to this virus. Best to just try to stay out of its way until such time. No matter what the president does they will not be happy with him. No matter what decision he makes it ruffles someone's feathers and the media for the most part don't like any decision he makes, everyone knows their agenda so don't really put much stock in anything they report or say. Frankly I think he's just playing with all of them cause he knows this but that is just my opinion. Ya might not like him and that's each persons opinion but damn you gotta give it to him it takes balls to stand there and just be attacked 24/7 from your country and everyone around the world from the day you took office still till now and just taking it and slinging it back at them.

Sponsored

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnewatlas-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2Farchive%2Femergencybra.jpg
pure genius !

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
My take of the Graph is it doubles every 5 days, it will be better by June, Worse, Terrible or completely gone. I choose to believe things will be better and it will have mutated back to killing creepy crawly stuff. I got my 357 Mag to handle Zombies.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Just two weeks ago we were at 75K infected, today it is over 300K and probably in the next two weeks it will be closer to 750K with tens of thousands of deaths. CDC is saying 100 to 200K deaths this year before this is over. I guess the issue is the actual percentages of deaths. New Orleans area has a 10% rate, close to Italy. The rate of deaths for this are higher than the flu. Now they say 30 to 50 is the ages most affected (probably because us old farts are staying at home and watching NetFlix)

If this wasn't the "plague" that it seems to be, would they ruin the economy and put over 10 million people on unemployment ? Think about it, the chances of Trump getting re-elected with millions out of work, the economy devastated and 10's of thousands dead at this point looks pretty dim. The Democrats are going to milk this, politicize it and place the blame on the GOP and if successful will win back the Senate, put Sleepy Joe in the White house and change American politics forever.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
We are not testing correctly so all final covid numbers will be estimated.
We are not measuring increases in other death rates untreated because of covid focus.
The second wave will be here before the year ends, complicating matters.

Economically, we seem to think the economy was great, but it sure didn't match this situation.

If we had public works already in place, yes, taxes would have been higher but we would have had public health infrastructure, stockpiles, and trained personnel to mitigate effect of covido. We could
have had national health care to simply beef up instead of all this state by state ruckus. Where is all the focus on the uninsured, when the govt is covering the cost for those with insurance?

Agree, the changes will be deep and lasting. Nobody to blame but ourselves. This was known risk, and solutions aren't rocket science, they just requiring giving to Cesar what's his, and breaking bread with tax collectors.

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
The issue is this country is leaderless and for the people that do listen to our Commander in Chief, he said there’s nothing to worry about. Why dose he say this, ITS BECAUSE HE WANTS TO BE RE ELECTED AND DOSENT WANT YOU TO THINK THERES ANYTHING WRONG! He denied the test because he didn’t want the country to know how many cases there are out there so he dosent look bad. When people hear the President saying don’t worry they don’t. Is he right? Lol, do the Math. I’d say pay attention to science and the experts.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
The issue is this country is leaderless and for the people that do listen to our Commander in Chief, he said there’s nothing to worry about. Why dose he say this, ITS BECAUSE HE WANTS TO BE RE ELECTED AND DOSENT WANT YOU TO THINK THERES ANYTHING WRONG! He denied the test because he didn’t want the country to know how many cases there are out there so he dosent look bad. When people hear the President saying don’t worry they don’t. Is he right? Lol, do the Math. I’d say pay attention to science and the experts.
Agreed. When our governor speaks and is asked something he is not an expert on, he stops, and let’s the expert talk. This is exactly what our president should be doing!

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Oh, brother! No one knew how bad this would be. It is so easy to criticize, in fact it’s actually Obama’s fault. Whiners whine while leaders lead.

https://abcn.ws/2xKHlTr

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ond-the-white-house/ar-BB12GfMM?ocid=msedgdhp
I won't degrade a misdirection of Policy to get to the bottom this Pandemic ! I could offer that The American Public needs the Funds now, all of them that can possibly be got, no matter the cost to Foreigh policy. Foreign policy is for better times when it can be afforded. Now it the time to move forward inside our borders and then later help the ones who won't help theirs own people and liars can figure but not having the latest and correct facts show the liars out ! I can list liars (Countries) all day is a no brainer and really just wastes my time ! Some liar will repudiate me and prove without a doubt I don't know crap but it will all play out as another Liars game.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Oh, brother! No one knew how bad this would be. It is so easy to criticize, in fact it’s actually Obama’s fault. Whiners whine while leaders lead.

https://abcn.ws/2xKHlTr
No one except the scientist and experts who have been trying to tell the White House since January. Germany had started ramping up ppe production and ventilators since January.
I also concur. I am tired of hearing Trump bitch and whine everyday, blaming everyone from China to WHO to the states and governors. Hell he even blamed Obama. He needs stop tweeting and start leading.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.