First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I love Meteor Crater near Winslow, AZ. Actually paid the $20 or so admission price several times. The view approaching it from the south when taking Chavez Pass Road from Rt87 looks awesome, the pushed up walls can be seen miles before you get there. We were stopped one time and hassled about two miles from the crater by some private security worrying we were going to get our with metal detectors and start looking for pieces of the meteor. Please don't give me ideas for a future trip ;)
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I love Meteor Crater near Winslow, AZ. Actually paid the $20 or so admission price several times. The view approaching it from the south when taking Chavez Pass Road from Rt87 looks awesome, the pushed up walls can be seen miles before you get there. We were stopped one time and hassled about two miles from the crater by some private security worrying we were going to get our with metal detectors and start looking for pieces of the meteor. Please don't give me ideas for a future trip ;)
That took me on a little tour of the internet. Have not been that way yet but will for sure now!

7ccd2d5b611bb114af27bb67a2645a9d.jpg

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
When this is all said and done, I wonder if FCA will extend our JEEP WAVE 4 free oil changes and tire rotations by however long this ordeal takes? I'm due for my first JEEP WAVE free service but... Quarantine/lock-down in my city.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
During times of crisis, most are critics, some are supporters, while the rest take action.

As for unemployment, this is as helpful to business as it is to workers, a true win/win. Also, it is hard to stay on unemployment coming out of this as your last employer controls the spigot. Anyone I recall to work who doesn’t come back, not only doesn’t get severance, I will shut off their unemployment and they will not win an appeal. In normal situations when the economy is poor, people draw unemployment because their last employer didn’t need them any more or they were such a poor worker, we fired them and denied unemployment. This will be a very different situation as we come out of this pandemic.

Sponsored

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
Saw yesterday the Governor of Georgia will allow concealed carry without a permit. Says Police may not be able to respond with this Pandemic and please protect !

Drove around St.Louis inner i state by passes from 3:00 PM till 4:30 PM. Traffic light. Usually bumper to bumper on a Saturday Afternoon. Down town St. Louis very light, maybe a car on city streets in sight from the i 64. No one in parking lots. 0 (NADA) The Galleria, diserted and with most everything except Convience stores and drive thru food places. Some business in them. Everything isn't normal but it is all F'd Looser up ! ( EiNa-19FLU )

There are 8 confirmed cases in my neighborhoods now of -19 ! Yuk. Bleach and water in sprayer ready for survival instincts here in home.

Last edited:

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Yeah look at how much Obama added to our national debt by doubling it with his shovel ready jobs. Unbelievable.
Please explain how this country won’t be bankrupt if the economy continues this path.
What exactly is he supposed to do to help struggling families.
There are a lot of hard working families that need some help for a little while, while we go thru this. Especially ones that have been laid off.
I know plenty that have been and are already nervous.
Not everyone is a liberal nut job looking for welfare as you describe.
So there is going to be a lot of good that also happens for hard working struggling families and small businesses right now. $1200 for every hard working adult and $500 per kid.
There are going to be a lot of people hurting by the time this is over

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
More coronavirus deaths than flu deaths reported in Washington this season

In Washington state there were 86 flu deaths reported from September to mid-March. Coronavirus deaths neared 100 over the weekend.

SEATTLE — Every day, researchers learn more about coronavirus but there's still a lot of data needed to understand what we are up against.

For weeks, a common argument compared the coronavirus to the flu.

Even the President compared the flu to the coronavirus, Tweeting earlier this month “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

However, new numbers from the Washington Department of Health reveal a sobering reality.

Over the weekend, the state reported a total of 96 deaths related to the coronavirus.

Flu deaths are reported weekly and the latest count through March 14 totaled 86 deaths in Washington state.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...sflu/281-0632e2ea-2ab1-4483-a497-3117fd0ddb43

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Work during the week, hole up at home on the weekend watching weird video and stumbling across a few good ones like this one.

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
Yea: -19 is the Common Cold on Steroids gets lots of rest ! If U aren't sleeping well due to worry at night, go sleep now and whenever U get the tired nod, even in a Recliner or overstuffed chair. Just close Ur eyes baby and rest them pritty pupils. Same wid the kids, lock em in their rooms if U need, they will get used to family separation eventually and love U for it.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Trump just took his 15 day plan to 45 days ending April 30th now. Fauci is on TV saying infections in the US alone could end up being in the millions with deaths between 100K and 200K. I have to wonder if they are trying to scare us into being couch potatoes, if we are being told the whole truth or if we are being told white lies to keep the panic from getting worse.

One thing I think I agree on is that the news media is reporting for ratings and effect on ratings, which ends up making people getting into more of a panic.

When this is all over, I'm thinking the auto industry is going to be in bad shape because many people will still be out of work and the rest will still be paranoid about making major purchases. Several states have shut down dealerships from selling, that probably will continue today after the press conference so short term, supplies might not shrink as much as some of had thought and with traffic at dealerships down there might be deals even sooner from those who have refused to discount many of the higher JT models like the Rubicon.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Trump just took his 15 day plan to 45 days ending April 30th now. Fauci is on TV saying infections in the US alone could end up being in the millions with deaths between 100K and 200K. I have to wonder if they are trying to scare us into being couch potatoes, if we are being told the whole truth or if we are being told white lies to keep the panic from getting worse.

One thing I think I agree on is that the news media is reporting for ratings and effect on ratings, which ends up making people getting into more of a panic.

When this is all over, I'm thinking the auto industry is going to be in bad shape because many people will still be out of work and the rest will still be paranoid about making major purchases. Several states have shut down dealerships from selling, that probably will continue today after the press conference so short term, supplies might not shrink as much as some of had thought and with traffic at dealerships down there might be deals even sooner from those who have refused to discount many of the higher JT models like the Rubicon.
It's undoubtedly going to be bad. The projected deaths is base on current trajectory of infection spread. Hopefully we can make changes that will have an affect on the current trajectory and thus change the numbers of death predicted. We can see how bad it is in countries like Italy and China (initially). We will be worse than China because they can shut down cities/states. They also acted relatively quickly. We can't do that as a free democracy. Our current count is already higher than China, and we are no wear near peak. We still have a shortage of test kits. Until that is resolved, we'll continue to have exponential spread.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
So are dealers still taking orders? Is Jeep still building at this time, or best to wait this Covid-19 out?
I placed my order on 3/15. Just two days later, the plant closings were announced. No word until today (3/31), when my dealer called and told me a VIN had been assigned to my build. So there is hope yet.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
More coronavirus deaths than flu deaths reported in Washington this season

In Washington state there were 86 flu deaths reported from September to mid-March. Coronavirus deaths neared 100 over the weekend.

SEATTLE — Every day, researchers learn more about coronavirus but there's still a lot of data needed to understand what we are up against.

For weeks, a common argument compared the coronavirus to the flu.

Even the President compared the flu to the coronavirus, Tweeting earlier this month “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”

However, new numbers from the Washington Department of Health reveal a sobering reality.

Over the weekend, the state reported a total of 96 deaths related to the coronavirus.

Flu deaths are reported weekly and the latest count through March 14 totaled 86 deaths in Washington state.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/...sflu/281-0632e2ea-2ab1-4483-a497-3117fd0ddb43

I don't know where those numbers came from, but according to the CDC numbers, COVID hasn't even scratched the surface of what the flu has done.

And, flu is every year!

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Which begs the question... if the flu (and car crashes, cancers, suicides, etc.) kill FAR more people, what exactly is causing society to be completely and totally decimated like this? Is it really the virus, or is it the news media?

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I don't know where those numbers came from, but according to the CDC numbers, COVID hasn't even scratched the surface of what the flu has done.

And, flu is every year!

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Which begs the question... if the flu (and car crashes, cancers, suicides, etc.) kill FAR more people, what exactly is causing society to be completely and totally decimated like this? Is it really the virus, or is it the news media?
On 3/25 20,000 dead from Coronavirus. Now 40,000 dead (according to your link, about the same as ALL other flus.) Number of deaths doubled in a week.

Do the math.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.