First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
The incentives and rebates in April will be insane. I just got $16,100 off sticker on the Ram, and with Gladiator sales also "stale" I'm betting we'll see discounts up to $10k on those next month, maybe more.
I don’t think you will see incentives that big. That would drive down the value and they would lose on the back end of leases. They can do it with the full size trucks because the volume is greater, as is the existing depreciation. I don’t think the Gladiator will support that. Maybe a $3,000 rebate on leftover 2020 models this fall, then whatever dealers discount. You might see $8,000 off MSRP in the end.
Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Any suggestions for someone who ordered one and put a $1000 non- refundable down? Take the loss or try to nogotiate. Signed a price agreement with $4,600 off before all this crap started. Truck is getting ready to leave production any day.

What would you suggest? Thanks!!!
Can't tell you what to do. As for me, I decided I am not going to contribute to the recession by holding back. So I went ahead and ordered my custom Overland this past Sunday (3/15). Leap of faith, so to speak.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Its who will have a job left to buy a jeep truck before all this is done should things keep getting worse which it likely will for some time. I work for a huge company and while they took a 1 billion dollar write off to cover for the screw up of former CEO you can bet they will have no such loyalty to the common worker. There are already rumblings about letting people go and it hasn't even started yet good. Just a number in a chair for most folks with no loyalty from companies these days.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I guess it depends on your financial outcome looking forward. My trunk will be at the dealership any day now. I work as a psych RN, I don’t see my work losing positions anytime soon. Actually don’t have enough as it is, so feel pretty secure. This will be my first new truck in 20 years. No need to wait any longer.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I don’t think you will see incentives that big. That would drive down the value and they would lose on the back end of leases. They can do it with the full size trucks because the volume is greater, as is the existing depreciation. I don’t think the Gladiator will support that. Maybe a $3,000 rebate on leftover 2020 models this fall, then whatever dealers discount. You might see $8,000 off MSRP in the end.
Dealers nationwide were already doing $8,000 off MSRP beginning in late January. If a full blown recession hits, which is quite possible, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that they could tack on another $2,000 rebate.

Edit: scratch that...they've already gone beyond $10,000 in discounts. A dealer not far from where I live is even advertising $12k off a Launch Edition that has been sitting there forever.

https://www.chrysleroflawrenceburg....racted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-make-2

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Heard on the radio this morning that chrysler plants in US are shutting down.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Heard on the radio this morning that Chrysler plants in US are shutting down.
The news might not be that bad.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...l-plant-shutdowns-deep-cleaning-of-equipment/.

"Detroit’s three automakers have agreed to partial factory shutdowns, deep cleaning of equipment and longer periods between shifts to head off union demands for U.S. plant closures due to the coronavirus threat.

The agreements came Tuesday night after union officials spoke individually with General Motors, Ford and Fiat Chrysler. The companies also agreed to “extensive plans” to avoid union members coming in contact with one another, the United Auto Workers union said in a statement".

<snip>

"Analysts expect U.S. auto sales to take a nosedive as people stay home to avoid other people. The industry likely has enough inventory to satisfy slower demand due to the virus, they have said. Ford reported Tuesday that sales had fallen in Europe and that parts supplies have been interrupted.

On Sunday, the union and companies announced they would form a task force to deal with worker safety as the plants continued operating.

Seventeen workers at a Fiat Chrysler factory in Warren, Michigan, walked off their jobs in the paint shop Monday over concerns about the novel coronavirus. A worker at an FCA transmission plant in Kokomo, Indiana, tested positive for the virus last week. He and nearby co-workers were told to stay home and his work area was deep cleaned. Production continued at both factories.

Tom Krisher, The Associated Press"

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
I can’t imagine a dealer holding on to a $1000 deposit. I don’t believe they can, but I also think it would be incredibly short sighted for them to keep $1000 knowing you would never buy from them ever again.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Any suggestions for someone who ordered one and put a $1000 non- refundable down? Take the loss or try to nogotiate. Signed a price agreement with $4,600 off before all this crap started. Truck is getting ready to leave production any day.

What would you suggest? Thanks!!!
I’m not saying this to be funny, but you could probably find something wrong with it easily and get a full refund. It seems like most times not everything is perfect or the order didn’t come to exact spec. Then walk and do the deal you feel comfortable with.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Dealers nationwide were already doing $8,000 off MSRP beginning in late January. If a full blown recession hits, which is quite possible, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that they could tack on another $2,000 rebate.

Edit: scratch that...they've already gone beyond $10,000 in discounts. A dealer not far from where I live is even advertising $12k off a Launch Edition that has been sitting there forever.

https://www.chrysleroflawrenceburg....racted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-make-2
prolly steer like a shopping cart

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Our Pennsylvania Governor just issued an order that all non-life sustaining businesses are to close their doors, which includes car dealerships. This is an Order, not a recommendation. Things are going to get interesting.
For some reason our Governor considers beer distributors as a life sustaining business, so they will stay open, but accounts, lawyers, car dealers, home builders, etc, must close their business

TPiz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2019 JL Rubicon
Our Pennsylvania Governor just issued an order that all non-life sustaining businesses are to close their doors, which includes car dealerships. This is an Order, not a recommendation. Things are going to get interesting.
For some reason our Governor considers beer distributors as a life sustaining business, so they will stay open, but accounts, lawyers, car dealers, home builders, etc, must close their business
They are allowing car dealerships to continue operations in service and parts. So Jeep projects should be able to continue.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.