Not open for further replies.

Dm33buckeyes

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Do ya'll think the coronavirus will have any impact on production? What about railyard shipping and transport to dealerships?
Sponsored

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Based on other countries, production and dealerships, probably. Logistics, probably not, but if the dealerships and factories are closed there's not much need to ship them.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
DETROIT (AP) — When the coronavirus cut off the flow of parts from China in early January, most global automakers were ready: Anticipating such a crisis, they had prepared to tap other suppliers and to conserve parts that they had stored.

Now, they face fast-moving new threats that seem beyond their control: Falling sales and sickened factory workers as the COVID-19 disease spreads through the United States and Europe.

The result is that the auto industry, which helped lead the U.S. economy out of the financial meltdown more than a decade ago, could be forced to reduce spending, slow or shutter factories and draw upon cash stockpiles to weather a pandemic that is likely to tilt the world into a recession.

With many countries essentially locked down, professional sports leagues canceling games and dizzying falls in the stock markets, analysts say fear is setting in. That portends diminished consumer confidence and likely lower auto sales.

“People aren’t rushing out and saying, ‘Now is a good time to buy a car,’ “ said Brian Collie, global leader for automotive with Boston Consulting Group. “They’re saying, ‘Let’s wait. On hold

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Have to be honest. I have a special order in the final trim stage. Wondering if it's the right move to purchase with the uncertainty of the economy and job status when all this virus crap ends.

But I don't want to contribute to the problem like I did when I saw the TP was almost gone and grab two packs.

Crazy times and not sure how to proceed.
Be safe all and those who actually have their Gladiator. Enjoy!!!!!!

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Totally agree. We were shopping for a new vehicle for my wife and were about to pull the trigger, now thinking we are going to wait another month or two. Have to imagine prices will drop a bit if they are desperate to move cars as well. Lease up on current car in May so have a bit of time

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The incentives and rebates in April will be insane. I just got $16,100 off sticker on the Ram, and with Gladiator sales also "stale" I'm betting we'll see discounts up to $10k on those next month, maybe more.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
We are at the very beginning of this crisis. I would hold on to what you have and reassess mid-April. Unfortunately, this is going to get significantly worse before it gets better.

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Although I hate to see the world shut down over this pandemic, I am looking to get a JT later in the year when things start to recover. I am hoping I can pick up a Gobi Rubicon at a significantly discounted price due to it sitting on the lot.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Any suggestions for someone who ordered one and put a $1000 non- refundable down? Take the loss or try to nogotiate. Signed a price agreement with $4,600 off before all this crap started. Truck is getting ready to leave production any day.

What would you suggest? Thanks!!!

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
Any suggestions for someone who ordered one and put a $1000 non- refundable down? Take the loss or try to nogotiate. Signed a price agreement with $4,600 off before all this crap started. Truck is getting ready to leave production any day.

I would renegotiate. I'm in same situation. I negotiated 6 percent under invoice plus any incentives. Things have changed. All I have to lose is $1000 that I can easily make up by buying somewhere else. They have a sale of my custom jeep to lose. Guessing my options aren't very popular or I wouldn't had to order custom. I'm obviously an airline pilot. Things aren't looking too good for the airline industry at this time.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I’m watching prices as well and hope to buy very soon. The big hiccup could be that auto manufacturers shut down factories due to isolate in place orders by state governments, overseas factories closing, and interruptions to shipping. This could actually cause inventory to decrease and the cancellation of all rebates. DMVs are closing in many states and this will shut down new car trades and auto auctions.

my guess is the above is more likely for new cars and we see private sales of newer used cars increasing due to financial downsizing and repossessions. So the more expensive and newer (2 years) the bigger depreciation we will see along with the 5 year and older Toyota’s, Honda’s, Wranglers, and 4x4 crew trucks increasing in value.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW

II would call the dealer and explain the circumstances and ask them to refund you the $1k.
Do not know your location, but the dealers in our area do not require a deposit unless it is a bizzar order.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Welcome to bailout city. If you keep your job and your town keeps the water and power going, and you didn't pay to make that happen, isn't that the same as a discount on goods and services? All these dudes worried about steering, how much better will it be if we properly pave all the roads so there are no grooves? Did that bailout money help you not spend two weeks in a rental while they dither with your steering? Suppose all the dealers have time to properly train their techs to fix our Jeep's as a result of some bailout cash. Does the improved service and reduced time in the shop count as cash in your pocket? Bailout city boys. All the fake anybody wants to discuss, from now on out.

Concentric_Killa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Rubi JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I’m watching prices as well and hope to buy very soon. The big hiccup could be that auto manufacturers shut down factories due to isolate in place orders by state governments, overseas factories closing, and interruptions to shipping. This could actually cause inventory to decrease and the cancellation of all rebates. DMVs are closing in many states and this will shut down new car trades and auto auctions.

my guess is the above is more likely for new cars and we see private sales of newer used cars increasing due to financial downsizing and repossessions. So the more expensive and newer (2 years) the bigger depreciation we will see along with the 5 year and older Toyota’s, Honda’s, Wranglers, and 4x4 crew trucks increasing in value.
Hope the end is true. I am looking to sell my 2011 Long Travel Taco in a couple months to fund the JT purchase. Hopefully I can get my full asking price if dealerships are shut down!

Status
Not open for further replies.