Link

max toe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito, 1998 audi
while i was at the dealer today talking bout a diesel JL sahara, he mentioned employee pricing was in effect til end of month, is that true?

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
on a JL Sahara model, yes.

Hippieman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Vue, DeLorean, Chevy G Van
So are dealers still taking orders? Is Jeep still building at this time, or best to wait this Covid-19 out?

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I've been waiting for the JT diesel model and dump the 3.6 Pentastar. It's ridiculous that Jeep offers a great deal on the Sahara but nothing else but gives great deals across the board on Ram trucks and Dodge vehicles. Seems as if FCA takes us Jeep owners for granted and think they can take advantage of us. Considering we are the most brand loyal bunch of people you think they would treat us better.

My son thinks I'm crazy to buy the JT when I can get a fully loaded Ram 1500 with the eco diesel or the Hemi for less plus get $11K discount and 0% financing. Ok so that I might be, the Ram truck is cheaper, bigger, more luxurious and rides better but it's not a Jeep.

Anyway, its going to take time for the economy to recover and as we head into the end of the crisis and things start getting back to normal, I think the deals will be better than ever.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
All Auto factories in Michigan are shut down.... for now...
Actually ALL GM, Ford, Jeep/Chrysler and I think Hyundai and Honda plants in the US and Canada are shut down for what they said was two weeks but I am thinking that is going to be extended at least another two weeks.

Not sure if dealers can still order or not with the factory being closed but dealers in some states are shut down and can't sell or see customers (service departments for the most part are considered essential and remain open)

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
Actually ALL GM, Ford, Jeep/Chrysler and I think Hyundai and Honda plants in the US and Canada are shut down for what they said was two weeks but I am thinking that is going to be extended at least another two weeks.

Not sure if dealers can still order or not with the factory being closed but dealers in some states are shut down and can't sell or see customers (service departments for the most part are considered essential and remain open)
Think all supply Factories like Dana are also shut or severley down shift employed. Unions demanded employees get off for health safety.e

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I've been waiting for the JT diesel model and dump the 3.6 Pentastar. It's ridiculous that Jeep offers a great deal on the Sahara but nothing else but gives great deals across the board on Ram trucks and Dodge vehicles. Seems as if FCA takes us Jeep owners for granted and think they can take advantage of us. Considering we are the most brand loyal bunch of people you think they would treat us better.

<snip>

Anyway, its going to take time for the economy to recover and as we head into the end of the crisis and things start getting back to normal, I think the deals will be better than ever.
Just business. FCA is in business to sell vehicles and make a profit doing it. Apparently not so easy, as Chrysler almost went belly up more than once. Jeep is probably their most profitable line (just guessing, no inside info), and the Gladiator, their most profitable Jeep. And in demand, since it is so new and so unique among mid-sized trucks. So naturally the Gladiator is going to get the fewest factory incentives.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I can’t tell if this is a serious post or not? It’s about things selling what people are willing to pay for them. Nothing to do with taking advantage of people. It’s not like FCU or dealers are misleading their customers or anything, the window sticker is clear and the buyer is the one who negotiates the price and signs on the bottom line.

My son thinks I'm crazy to buy the JT when I can get a fully loaded Ram 1500 with the eco diesel or the Hemi for less plus get $11K discount and 0% financing. Ok so that I might be, the Ram truck is cheaper, bigger, more luxurious and rides better but it's not a Jeep.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Yep, simply supply and demand.

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
$ 2 Trillion House Package passed, the Donald will sign it. Yeah !
Now Medical Facilities need help, Hotels and such Plus Disaster responses for hard hit areas. Hope social separation slows down the thing some so supplies can be stockpiled to help them.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
All of it politically motivated. Its not just this 2 trillion, it's the other 4 they aren't talking about. National Debt (most of it owed to China) will go up from 24 Trillion to 30 Trillion. We keep spending ourselves to bankruptcy as a nation in a debt that we will never be able to pay off. Loophole encourages people not to go back to work and stay on unemployment, no real oversight on how money will be spent for business bailouts and lots of waste and corruption bound to happen. Don't get me wrong, feel great for the people unemployed by this but $500 per kid, that will benefit mostly those on welfare the don't work anyway and have a half dozen kids. We really can't afford this folks, it is twice what the government takes in from taxes each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.