First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Installed the JL 400 grab handle switch on my 22 Gladiator. I am planning on putting 2 Baja Designs Squadron Sport lights on which draw 2 amps each. The relays in the JL 400 box are 30 amps and Baja Designs suggested I replace the one I am hooking up to the lights to be closer to the actual amp draw so not to overload the lights. Any thoughts where to buy a sub 10 amp relay for these? I see alot of 30-40 amp ones on Amazon.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Bobchadwickga

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Insurance
I replaced a 30 amp with a 5 amp I purchased from Ace Hardware. Standard mini fuses.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Oh I get it. Not that the light will over draw on normal operation, BD wants the fuse to blow at 10 amps if there's a spike, saving the light, rather then taking a 30 amp spike before it blows.

Last edited:

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
You replace the fuses with smaller/matched ones, not the relays. They use standard mini fuses...the board should have the number stamped, otherwise it should be in order left to right.

edit: To add to this, I generally base it off what the device I'm powering is rated to draw, because that also informs what size gauge of wiring I use. I want to ensure the fuse blows to protect the wire.
Sponsored