Wanting a steel Rubicon front bumper, couple questions

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Don’t forget there are plenty of high quality very reasonably priced aftermarket bumpers made here in the good old USA.

Beware of saving a buck here or there and getting cheap Chinese steel.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
The stock metal bumper isn’t worth it IMO. Even used its 400-500 and you still have to buy a 200 dollar winch plate and deal with plastic caps on the front and thin metal.
I agree, for the money you can do better but some people just like that more stock look and I get that as well. To me $300-$400 total for the bumper and winch plate would be all I'd be willing to pay for it if I liked it. But if you like something, price isn't a factor.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Yeah, this bumper just looks “right” to me. Hard to explain, but it’s just what I like best after looking at my options. Disappointed to hear it’s not very sturdy though.

bennyrob

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
IT
I chose the knock-off and have been very happy with it. I must have gotten lucky as mine didn't have any gouges or scratches like some people have experienced. You can easily plug the sensor holes, replace the fog light bezels with oem, and it bolts directly on the oem 3 piece bumper steel skid plate. The fact that it came with a winch plate as well was too good to pass.

jeep.jpg

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, this bumper just looks “right” to me. Hard to explain, but it’s just what I like best after looking at my options. Disappointed to hear it’s not very sturdy though.
Well I’m not saying it isn’t sturdy. Just that the metal is thinner than most “good” bumpers and I don’t understand making a metal bumper only to put plastic cones on the front.

Sponsored

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Has anyone with the ebay model actually used your winch ? I looked at the plate and there is no way I'd try a 10K pull from it. I plan to install the warn plate instead. I realize many never use there winch I'd just be curious to know what the ebay plate looks like after a hard pull.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
Haven't we learned enough about getting stuff from chuna. Whenever I can I try to go anywhere else. I have had a good life here and I will support the home team.

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I tend to agree about china stuff. I grabbed my bumper used. Been 2 years searching for a factory Mopar one with no luck. I'm not confident my warm plate is made in the US but not much is...

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't we learned enough about getting stuff from chuna. Whenever I can I try to go anywhere else. I have had a good life here and I will support the home team.
Plenty of proven stuff coming out of China, and some not. Same with American made stuff, it's hit or miss as well except you gotta pay more for it. Not knocking anyone who wants to buy American but most American stuff is just assembled here with foreign parts. Why pay a assembly fee when you can go straight to the source.
Sponsored