Sponsored

Warn 10s in steel bumper with Warn Winch plate. Install notes.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
On my stock Rubicon (before lift and tires), it maybe dropped 1/2 inch or so. I did not measure, but, I could tell it dropped. I could also tell that the front end got heavier when driving.... -- and not in a good way. The stock Rubicon front springs are soft and the shocks do not handle the extra weight that well - ie. a lot more bump stop bottoming.. The Clayton 3.5" Overland Plus kit plus Falcon SP2 3.3 Fast Adjust shocks fixed it. Now, I cannot even tell it is on the front.
Would you suggest a coil 2.5” over a bigger spacer then? Aev 2” already ordered....
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Would you suggest a coil 2.5” over a bigger spacer then? Aev 2” already ordered....
Not sure.... I only know that I personally think the Rubicon springs and shocks are not adequate for a steel bumper with a winch for my style wheeling (West Coast). I was constantly hitting the bump stops. When I ordered my Clayton kit, I talked to them about the issue and found out their Spring rate compensates better for a winch setup. Just to be sure, I also ordered the Falcon fast adjust shocks... -- this way I could also control better the bump stop hitting. Since, I got my new setup, bump stop hitting is a distant memory.

Last edited: