Sponsored

Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
From my records....Quadratec

Item no: 12114-0102
Quantity: 1
WARN 101255 Winch Mount Plate for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL and Gladiator JT with Factory Steel Bumper
$251.08

Howdy Mike,

I know folks are trying to be helpful but I need to confirm part numbers, I know people have used Warn winches and Warn mounting plates but which ones?

I have already spent the money and mounted the Warn winch using a particular Warn winch plate. What is the Warn part number of your winch mounting plate?

Dave
Sponsored

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
From my records....Quardatec

Item no: 12114-0102
Quantity: 1
WARN 101255 Winch Mount Plate for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL and Gladiator JT with Factory Steel Bumper
$251.08
Howdy Mike,

THANK YOU

That is the information I was looking for.

At that price you must have bought that a while ago. Do you happen to have the part number of the factory bumper that you have on your Jeep, is it #82215121AF as shown at this link.

https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/sku/82215121ab.html

Over 1,400 bucks with shipping, I want to make darn sure it will work. Thanks again for your post it has been most helpful.

Dave

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I can 100% confirm Warn plate #101255 with the factory steel bumper works. The only issue is you usually need longer bolts for the fairlead to get through the fairlead + bumper + plate.

Oh, and for some reason there is a global shortage on M12 acorn nuts... so my fairlead has one acorn and one hex nut 🤦‍♂️

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information 1655157244507

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information 1655157267230

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information 1655157282280

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Howdy Jeepmonster,

Thanks for your reply. What did you use for a winch mounting plate, if it was a Warn product was it part number #101255 ?

I don't know of anyone nearby that has the stock factory winch ready bumper so I have nothing to take measurements off from. Looking at photos, the outside shape of the plastic bumper and the steel bumper look to be the same but I don't know that for certain.

Dave
I used Warn 101255 and Mopar steel bumper, just like your intended set up. You should be fine.

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I can 100% confirm Warn plate #101255 with the factory steel bumper works. The only issue is you usually need longer bolts for the fairlead to get through the fairlead + bumper + plate.

Oh, and for some reason there is a global shortage on M12 acorn nuts... so my fairlead has one acorn and one hex nut 🤦‍♂️

Jeep Gladiator Warn winch plate #101255 with a FACTORY steel Rubicon front bumper? YES, it can be done THANKS for the information 1655157282280

Howdy Austin,

THANK YOU SIR.

That is exactly the information I needed. Now I can buy with confidence, I really love this forum and it's members not only helpful but like YOU just did darn good at helping me spend more money :LOL:

Again, thanks.

Dave

Sponsored

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
I used Warn 101255 and Mopar steel bumper, just like your intended set up. You should be fine.
Howdy Jeepmoster,

Thanks for confirming what I needed to know, now it's only matter of more money.

Dave

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Howdy All,

Just to bring this drama to a close, I just got off the phone ordering a new Rubicon, steel, winch ready bumper at a 15% discount, NO SHIPPING from my local dealer. So when it comes in I'll slap it on and be DONE with this project. MY THANKS to all who participated in this thread especially those who provided part numbers and confirmation.

Dave

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Glad you got it sorted and welcome to the club of guys with skinny wallets.

Howdy All,

Just to bring this drama to a close, I just got off the phone ordering a new Rubicon, steel, winch ready bumper at a 15% discount, NO SHIPPING from my local dealer. So when it comes in I'll slap it on and be DONE with this project. MY THANKS to all who participated in this thread especially those who provided part numbers and confirmation.

Dave

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
You got acorn nuts? Mine came with a trip to ACE

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I purchased in fall of 21. September or August......

Howdy Mike,

THANK YOU

That is the information I was looking for.

At that price you must have bought that a while ago. Do you happen to have the part number of the factory bumper that you have on your Jeep, is it #82215121AF as shown at this link.

https://www.mopargenuineparts.com/sku/82215121ab.html

Over 1,400 bucks with shipping, I want to make darn sure it will work. Thanks again for your post it has been most helpful.

Dave

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
You got acorn nuts? Mine came with a trip to ACE
Nope, had to source them from Home Depot... who is perpetually out of them despite their website saying they're in stock 🤷‍♂️

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Looked by just glancing that folks missed the simple point of - the plastic bumper isn't as deep and doesn't stick out as far as the steel bumper. Just because it won't work with the plastic stock bumper doesn't mean anything about the steel. The steel bumper is inches deeper, to handle the big winch and plate.
So not working with a plastic bumper is meaningless.
Can't compare the steel bumper in size at all. The only thing they have in common with the plastic bumper is that they used 8 nuts to attach to the frame. I bet the steel bumper is a good 2" deeper.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Howdy Mark,

Thanks for your reply, did you do the work or do you know the part numbers of the parts that were used? I am trying to CONFIRM the Warn part number #101255 winch mounting plate, will work with the stock steel Rubicon bumper. I need to confirm part numbers before dropping another pile of money on a bumper.

Dave
I did the install. I did use the Warn winch plate #101255 and I did use and install this with the JL/JT Rubicon steel bumper. The install went well. I work slow and I spent the better part of a day doing the install. Not sure how you are getting the bumper but if not a take off with all associated/necessary parts you will be looking at extra money for bolts, bull bar skid plate, nutzerts, harness so you need to consider this as it can add up fast. Good luck and let me know if you need any other information. Also, I did a minor modification to the grill in order to be able to get the grill on and off once the winch is installed. If you don't do this you will need to basically remove the winch if you want to get the grill off in the future. The grill mod is on youtube posted by Northridge 4X4 "Stock Grill Mod for Easy Access l Northridge4X4"

Last edited:

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
Glad you got it sorted and welcome to the club of guys with skinny wallets.
Let me let you in on a little secret jack (from 48 hrs movie) you can buy a brand new take off asking $1050 including shipping and you can even negotiate a little.

In addition, Warn and Mopar always design things to work together but if you dont want the pos and neg cables to rub on the grill then if you get the Maximus 3 winch plate it sits further forward and it doesnt have the issue the Mopar and Warn one have, while mdyucca is messing around trying to get his grill of because he bought the wrong winch plate you can be sitting back drinking a cold one. I feel bad he didnt see my other posts about if someone gives you a warn winch plate you dont want it give it back. The maxims 3 plate also offers the wing plates the cover up all the wires and the area the winch does not fill, Warn plate trucks can also add them as they attach to the top bolts not the winch plate. :)

and while you are one maximus 3's site you can look at the slp hoop or stinger etc that direct bolt in to the Rubicon steel bumper you are getting and make it look like it is a $2k bumper and the bolt on hoops are $300. In addition you can wander over to Baja Designs site and grab a pair of LP4's or 6's and they drop right in to those three holes on the same steel bumper you are getting. If you get the one I have that goes all the way across then you can go to Rigid site and get the Adapt XP lights as they have a shallower mount and dont hit the large bar like the Bajas do.

Jeep took the money out of the aftermarket guys pocket and they kept it by designing that bumper for us. We used to have to buy a new bumper for $1200 or more so we could add all the goodies.

And if you get the rear bumper, which is also sold as a take off for a song, you can stop in to vision x's site and grab you some reverse lights that go in place of the rear reflectors and get 4000 lumens of extra light back there. Oracle makes a set but Oracle to Vision x is a Bronco to a Jeep, they only give off 1000 lumens and a 8 dollar flashlight on amazon would give off more than that.

Dont tell anyone but I posted this on this forum back when the Launch Gladiators came out and again when the diesels came out.

And see that highly modified Gladiator in my avatar? it has a Mopar suspension lift, fender guts removed, dana 60's, 40's, and if you message me in the future I can answer almost any question people ask on this forum that is relevant or I can call or give you the number of two people that know a lot more than me.

there is a place where these super rich guys send their Jeeps when they are brand new and the rip off almost every part and re-sell them at a discount. Rubicon suspensions, dana 44 axles, v6 motors because most of them get hemi swaps which has been being done by AEV since 2011 or earlier and the Gladiator was built as a result of AEV's Double cab Brute that was a conversion off the assembly line. Hemis were sold at the dealers for 10 years with 3 year 36k miles warranty and you could finance them and insure them and all kinds of cool stuff.

I can spend every one of your paychecks for the rest of your life on that Gladiator if you want.

If you like the roll bar called the sport bar on the maximus site (the silver mascot truck on the front page of the site has it) I got one of those that I acquired for a song and they sold one batch of them and then have been out of stock since, and you can bolt that on to your bed rails without drilling any holes.

And since you seem like a pretty hands on guy you probably like to Carry some tools so stop in to undercover or amazon and grab you the bed mounted tool box that doesnt take up any bed space but carries a great amount of tools.

And last but not least regard less of what motor you have, I hope not the v6 as the diesel is the cats ass, stop by pedal commander and grab a PC78 to liven that baby up. you will think someone installed a turbo while you were sleeping.

I went easy on you, each of those items is an average of $250 except the bumpers so we only did about 4k of damage and we are almost done with what should be considered standard issue on every Gladiator.

If you have the 6 banger, forget the pedal commander and stop by and get the edge pulsar, it really does add 30 horsepower I swear. It has its own profile for sport and economy etc and it might conflict with the Pedal commander. If you dont want to spend the $600 on the Pulsar then definitely get the Pedal Commander.

One last thing, grab a taser mini so you can make the winch rev the motor to 2000 rpm's while you are winching and you can also eliminate that annoying feature where the Jeep throws itself in park when you open the driver door. Also the taser will adjust tire size and let you use nav while driving, double tap the mute button and watch the rear camera on the screen to see whats going on when you are towing, and the most important it turns off that stupid kill the engine at the stoplight foolishness and if you dont have aux buttons we can grab you sone of those to use with the Baja designs lights and the taser can activate the aux buttons so you dont have to pay the dealer to do it.

Dont tell anyone :) Have a great day

Last edited: