Water trapped in hard top ?? Swishing water noise

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LATEST UPDATE... So, just got a text from my service advisor at the dealership. They were able to get Jeep to agree to replace the entire hard top!!!

She said it will take a couple of weeks to come in (hopefully sooner but...still...) and they'll let me know when it's in, on, and I can pick up my truck. This is good news. They've only had it since 11/3 but, they at least tried to fix it, but then had to wait for Jeep to say "Yes" to replacing the top which they did đź‘Ť đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

At least I have another vehicle to get around with...the wife's '19 GC Ltd so, at least it's still a Jeep ;)
It’s good to hear they will be replacing the entire top but it seems odd they wouldn’t release the vehicle to you in the meantime.
Sponsored

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
It’s good to hear they will be replacing the entire top but it seems odd they wouldn’t release the vehicle to you in the meantime.
I agree. Why can't you drive around with the water in the top till that one comes in?

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
A couple weeks ago I took my Rubi to the car wash and my wife went with me. Afterwards as we were driving around she kept saying she could hear water swishing and thought there was water trapped in the roof or something. I have pretty significant hearing loss and couldn’t hear it myself but she swore she could hear it plain as day.

After a while, then lightbulb in my head came on. I reached back, grabbed my half full camel Bak from the rear seat and asked her with a grin “is this what you’ve been hearing?”

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Because I do have another vehicle that my wife and I can drive around in ('19 GC Ltd.) and I'm in no rush. I'd rather have it done right than not. Besides, right now, I cannot drive for medical reasons until April :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
LATEST UPDATE... So, just got a text from my service advisor at the dealership. They were able to get Jeep to agree to replace the entire hard top!!!

She said it will take a couple of weeks to come in (hopefully sooner but...still...) and they'll let me know when it's in, on, and I can pick up my truck. This is good news. They've only had it since 11/3 but, they at least tried to fix it, but then had to wait for Jeep to say "Yes" to replacing the top which they did đź‘Ť đź‘Ť đź‘Ť

At least I have another vehicle to get around with...the wife's '19 GC Ltd so, at least it's still a Jeep ;)
Wow! Congrats! It’s been 3+ weeks and I haven’t heard back from my dealership regarding replacing the rear window despite leaving multiple messages after confirmation from them that “my rear window needs to be replaced yet needs approval from corporate”. #JeepCares

Sponsored

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
Wow! Congrats! It’s been 3+ weeks and I haven’t heard back from my dealership regarding replacing the rear window despite leaving multiple messages after confirmation from them that “my rear window needs to be replaced yet needs approval from corporate”. #JeepCares
Do you have a loaner vehicle?

Johnnyblender

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2020 JLU High Altitude
Occupation
Engineer
My local dealer replaced my back window and gave me a loaner for the day. It took about 3 weeks to get the window.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My local dealer replaced my back window and gave me a loaner for the day. It took about 3 weeks to get the window.
Were they able to get the water out too? They couldn't with mine which is why they're replacing it.

I see you're in NH so if they couldn't get all the water out, I'd try to get it replaced because if it freezes, it'll crack the top then you're really screwed :(

Johnnyblender

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2020 JLU High Altitude
Occupation
Engineer
Were they able to get the water out too? They couldn't with mine which is why they're replacing it.

I see you're in NH so if they couldn't get all the water out, I'd try to get it replaced because if it freezes, it'll crack the top then you're really screwed :(
[/QUOTE
mine was just leaking, I did not have water inside the top

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
NEW UPDATE: Getting my truck back tomorrow. Talked with the dealership today and was told the new roof won't be in until early-mid January. They actually have another Gladiator in with the same issue so that owner is in the same boat as me.

So, my baby comes home (after over a month there...my choice as we do have the '19 GC to tool around in). They'll call me when the new roof comes in.

Sponsored

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Update… it took over a month since my initial visit to the dealer and they requested it but “corporate just approved the replacement of my rear window under warranty”. The dealer will call me when it’s in to schedule installation.

I told them I hope all the water has some way of getting out before you trap it in permanently with the new window or you’ll be looking at replacing the entire top. They said, we’ll look at that when it’s in for the window. Ugh.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Wish I had seen this thread myself. I have heard the sound a time or two, but weirdly it seemed only at the start of my morning driving (down a steep drive, then a few frequent quick turns)...first time I heard it thought I had forgotten a half filled water jug someplace. Knew people had been talking about leaky rear window on this forum, so I checked for obvious water intrusion. Nothing around window, nor behind seat. Hearing the slosh was so sporadic I had convinced myself it was water that can pool on top of my RTT sloshing forward going down the hill, then sloshing on top of the roof between rails until it dispersed. It at least soothed my mind a bit. I'll be on the lookout for this (and watching this thread) and be reaching out to my dealer (sadly, an 12 hour ferry ride away) in the spring. If the water is trapped, I'm screwed now, as I won't see temps above freezing for many months.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Update… it took over a month since my initial visit to the dealer and they requested it but “corporate just approved the replacement of my rear window under warranty”. The dealer will call me when it’s in to schedule installation.

I told them I hope all the water has some way of getting out before you trap it in permanently with the new window or you’ll be looking at replacing the entire top. They said, we’ll look at that when it’s in for the window. Ugh.
They didn't replace my rear window. They had a specialized tech come in and remove the rear window, clean off the old seal from the roof, the sealant from the window itself, drain some of the water out, then totally reseal the window. Unfortunately, there is still water trapped somewhere in the roof that they cannot get out hence, replacing the entire roof.

Something to note, in the past week or so that I've had it back, I don't hear any water sloshing around in the roof but, the dealership said they heard it after re-sealing the window which is why they got Jeep to agree to replace the whole roof.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Latest Update... I know it's been an while but, just called my dealership as to the status of the new roof.

I was told it would be mid to the end of January to get it (they're waiting on one for another Gladiator as well) so, not having heard anything, I called today and now it is 'supposed' to be in in the end of MARCH!!! Geezh...I hope that the water that is still in there doesn't crack the roof when it freezes and expands :please::please::please:

They service guy apologized but also said that Jeep parts is extremely slow. He said that they have had a Gladiator there for over a month now with only 300 miles on it that had a mouse chew through a wiring harness and the parts are still pending and it doesn't run at all because of that :( :( :(
Sponsored