jenkij

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I sold my Mustang GT for a Mojave. Sometimes ya just need a change. Nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, but you always need a Jeep, I'll get another soon, just older so I can pay cash and have more fun without worrying about it. My down side is I grew up working for a car dealer so I have a bad habit of wanting to drive different cars all the time.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
What a downgrade from jeep to shitvic.

Honda isn't like before with dc2, ek, eg..

I laughed at those idiots who paid over MSRP for econoshitbox type r this type shit... Lol

Still can't touch my ZL1 with all the mods they threw into the econoshitbox
Are you seriously comparing a zl1 to a civic type R? A 38000 car to a 63-ish plus car? even with makeup, totally different animals. Live and let live. I LOVE type Rs, I also love ZL1s, but realistically a type r would fit me, my lifestyle, and my idea of everyday fun better than a zl1, having four doors, a usable backseat and all. Plus they are just so small and nimble in the twisities. It's a great car. Drive one before you knock it. There's not a car out there that I'm just going to call a sh*tbox without driving it. Pretty much everyone who has driven a type R agrees that it is a great car.

Personally, I like the zl1, but realistically, sport compacts are much more my style. Always have been. Always will be. The combination of daily driveability with performance are amazing. Plus I just like the idea of a normal looking car being a beast. I'd take a focus RS, for example, over a mustang GT any day of the week. I'm extremely excited about the integra coming back out as well.

Last edited:

JD101

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon , 2021 JLU
We have had some pretty slick speedy cars over here along side a truck , or jeep, or jeep truck . However I finally decided I can't continue to drive said cars on metro Detroit roadways . Traded our GTI in for a JLU and never looked back . Love the fuel economy and fun , but cringing at every road crater is exhausting. I love how everyone likes to compare muscle to " hotrod econo shit boxes " . That's fine I like V8 muscle too , but as an owner of both (alot ) , they are two different things and I've grown fonder of the tasteful sporty econobox . Its more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow .

OP
OP
jenkij

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
We have had some pretty slick speedy cars over here along side a truck , or jeep, or jeep truck . However I finally decided I can't continue to drive said cars on metro Detroit roadways . Traded our GTI in for a JLU and never looked back . Love the fuel economy and fun , but cringing at every road crater is exhausting. I love how everyone likes to compare muscle to " hotrod econo shit boxes " . That's fine I like V8 muscle too , but as an owner of both (alot ) , they are two different things and I've grown fonder of the tasteful sporty econobox . Its more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow .
Funny, I moved to Michigan back in the early 90's got rid of my CRX Si and got a truck for the same reason, plus not a lot of twisties out there where I lived.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Funny, I moved to Michigan back in the early 90's got rid of my CRX Si and got a truck for the same reason, plus not a lot of twisties out there where I lived.
My wife was looking for a beater car to take to work, instead of racking up miles on her Wrangler. Wanted badly to find a CRX, a 90s si hatch/coupe, or any integra. Couldn't find one at the right price that wasnt someone else's halfway done project car. Ended up with a 97 Jetta GLS.

Sponsored

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
I'll be getting rid of my 2021 Gladiator High Altitude. I'm going back to RAM and getting the Echo Diesel. Not getting the mileage I would like. i've had it almost a year now and I occasionally get over 20. I'll get probably about 27 or 28 with with RAM 1500. Plus its a little cramped. I know the fuel is more expensive but doing the math, its about 4 cents a mile cheaper cost per mile for fuel. I've already got over 20500 miles on it. Its a little cramped and a little short for my canoe.
I'm torn about it because I like Jeeps. I've had a TJ, 2 JKs a JL and now the Gladiator. I've always had the RAM and a Wrangler. I traded both for the Gladiator. I'll miss it but.....

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be getting rid of my 2021 Gladiator High Altitude. I'm going back to RAM and getting the Echo Diesel. Not getting the mileage I would like. i've had it almost a year now and I occasionally get over 20. I'll get probably about 27 or 28 with with RAM 1500. Plus its a little cramped. I know the fuel is more expensive but doing the math, its about 4 cents a mile cheaper cost per mile for fuel. I've already got over 20500 miles on it. Its a little cramped and a little short for my canoe.
I'm torn about it because I like Jeeps. I've had a TJ, 2 JKs a JL and now the Gladiator. I've always had the RAM and a Wrangler. I traded both for the Gladiator. I'll miss it but.....
I assume you also figured in the cost of oil, filters, DEF and other maintenance items?
Yes, there are great advantages, but so many look only at mpg, and not higher initial cost, the cost of the trade (in taxes and real dollars) and maintenance.
If you tow, the diesel will be appreciated, I'm sure.

Sponsored

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
I assume you also figured in the cost of oil, filters, DEF and other maintenance items?
Yes, there are great advantages, but so many look only at mpg, and not higher initial cost, the cost of the trade (in taxes and real dollars) and maintenance.
If you tow, the diesel will be appreciated, I'm sure.
yeah, i did look at all of it. i'm a pretty big guy, 6 foot, 270 and i just fit in the gladiator.....a couple of more pounds and you'll have to butter me. I'll miss it but with the german shepherd and canoe and kayak, going back to a ram will be advantages in room and mileage....besides, it gave me an opportunity to order what i wanted rather than pick it up off the showroom or lot.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
You'll be back
Sponsored