Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if you remember the thread, she does make an awesome sunglass holder lol
Hmmm, sounds like I missed something interesting there (and I'm not joking or being sarcastic, lack of decent storage for glasses or sunglasses is a true issue, especially in vehicles, or when on vacation in the desert)
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thank God I work from home.
Yeah, but the cost of heating my shop has skyrocketed. I used to pay 500-600 for a batch of LP. Last batch was over a grand.

Anyway, like I said, my wife has said "might as well let them look at your truck and make you an offer.....:" but ONLY if the next one can be hydro blue - dunno if that's even available for 2022.
I've been making a list of all the stuff I've done or added to my truck. I know youse guys have done all the million dollar lifts with 500 grand worth of tires and wheels and $5,000 bumpers and Warn winches worth 2 grand and hyper this and that, but still listing the nickle and dime stuff I've done or added, whew, even at my peasant rate of discount stuff, it's adding up FAST. There's no way they could equip one like mine is now and not cost both arms and a leg.
The little stuff is into the thousands already. (not to mention the time)
If it was bone stock I'd probably make out great, but they can't do all this stuff and be less than 60K on a new truck.

OP
OP
jenkij

jenkij

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Hmmm, sounds like I missed something interesting there (and I'm not joking or being sarcastic, lack of decent storage for glasses or sunglasses is a true issue, especially in vehicles, or when on vacation in the desert)
1643386397502.png

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
Good luck brother and congrats. I just went the opposite way. Bought my gladiator in October and sold my Type R in November for more than what I paid for it in 2019. Civics are great cars though and you will save a ton on gas. I miss mine for sure. Maybe you will see me still lurking around the Civicx forum. Still selling off parts from the R to fund my Tacoma and Gladiator.
Dave

Sponsored

MikeyK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
Well, I pick mine up tomorrow - no regrets other than I’ll really miss my 2dr 2012 JKR 😥

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
My kids would literally cry if I traded my gladiator for a Honda. But hell, not my money, not my life! Go enjoy whatever your heart desires! If you're happy, I'm happy.

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
What a downgrade from jeep to shitvic.

Honda isn't like before with dc2, ek, eg..

I laughed at those idiots who paid over MSRP for econoshitbox type r this type shit... Lol

Still can't touch my ZL1 with all the mods they threw into the econoshitbox

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
If my business identity wasn't tied to my truck I'd trade it for a Tesla. I'd cry and my wife would probably leave me, but it'd save more money than I like spending on gas at this junction of my life.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Hate to get rid of it, but I found a brand new 2020 Civic Si without any markup on it so I got that and will just buy an older 2 door wrangler for fun. I want to say that of all the forums I've been on, y'all are great, most have an awesome sense of humor and are helpful and it's been a lot of fun reading through some of the threads that go on forever for no apparent reason. I'll come back and lurk here and there and I'll sell some stuff I tore off the Gladiator before I got rid of it,. like the sunder for hardtops, cable you need to program these trucks, etc.
To each there own. I just my picked up my Mojave last weekend and plan to support big oil each and every day. With that said, I only have a nine mile drive to work! :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
I thought the fuel gage on my 2005 civic was broken. It didn't move for 2 days of driving. They definitely are gas savers.
That picture you uploaded here though has a watermark. And that girl in the pic is a 6/10 anyway my brother

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
To each there own. I just picked mine up last weekend and plan to support big oil each and every day. With that said, I only have a nine mile drive to work! :like:
Mine is only 8mi but here I am, less than 2.5 years later with 52k miles on the odometer. And I have 2 vehicles I can drive!

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I am currently driving our FJ Cruiser back and forth to work…..17/20. I will actually gain with the gladiator since most of my commute is on the highway!!! :LOL: