First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
I have Sport S w/ Trailer/Tow package (Not max tow).

I have a large RTT, bed rack, fridge, bigger tires, 2 adults + 2 kids + gear / food and I am few hundred under max payload. MPG sucks ass, but this way my Jeep goes back into it's natural habitat often, the gas station.
Sponsored

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
do your self a favor and get the LED package, you will regret it if you don't.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
One final thought. There are no manual transmissions to drive local. I originally wanted a manual but they dont have the best reviews and the payload stuff is low. However if it could bump me into the correct price range i would be ok with it. Example: lets say with an auto im 2k over what I want to spend and got a manual and it put me in the green would you do it?

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
do your self a favor and get the LED package, you will regret it if you don't.
yeah ive tossed and turned on that one, figure that will be an aftermarket thing. I rarely drive at night right now as it is. (reading my posts I sound like an old man, i swear im not)

Sekgunnut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Foreman at Union Pacific
Well boys, going to dealership later today when wife gets off work.
Might order or figure something out.
You probably know this but no longer able to order gobi or gator colors. Those were my two top ones when I started.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
You probably know this but no longer able to order gobi or gator colors. Those were my two top ones when I started.
oh i know. CURSE THEM
Probably go sting-gray, my wife liked it and I like it.

Litfury

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Just thought I'd add my .02 cents. I have been following this forum since before the Gladiator launched. I finally made the leap Monday evening last week. Bought a Rubicon (also considered a Mojave which is an excellent choice). I feel foolish for having waited this long. I kept listening to people scare me about quality issues, reliability problems, leaking roofs, etc...
I should have listened to my friend who has had 7 jeeps over the last 20years and had very minimal if any issues at all and just bought this thing when it launched. You will not regret this vehicle. I have had Ford f150, Mustang GT, SUVs, 4 runner. Nothing compares to this thing. Specifically this thing makes the 4 runner I just sold seem so boring.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Sting Gray looks really good on it, IMO.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Just thought I'd add my .02 cents. I have been following this forum since before the Gladiator launched. I finally made the leap Monday evening last week. Bought a Rubicon (also considered a Mojave which is an excellent choice). I feel foolish for having waited this long. I kept listening to people scare me about quality issues, reliability problems, leaking roofs, etc...
I should have listened to my friend who has had 7 jeeps over the last 20years and had very minimal if any issues at all and just bought this thing when it launched. You will not regret this vehicle. I have had Ford f150, Mustang GT, SUVs, 4 runner. Nothing compares to this thing. Specifically this thing makes the 4 runner I just sold seem so boring.
well I cant wait. lol
I had to sell my inca gold TJ Rubicon when my first daughter was born. we got that 2011 4 door and we had to sell it. Things just pop up in life sometimes and I finally I have a way to make it work. Some of the funnest times were in Jeeps. I think my kids would love it. I drive a little ford fiesta right now (what I got when I could not get the glad the first time around) and they love it when I roll the windows down in that thing. They will absolutely love top off doors off etc.

Sekgunnut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Foreman at Union Pacific
oh i know. CURSE THEM
Probably go sting-gray, my wife liked it and I like it.
LMAO! You are on the exact same path as I was. No wife here so I decided on white Mojave after looking at a ton of them. You can find some 2020 models on autotrader if you keep looking. Luckily I travel for work so I had ample time to look at dozens of different ones.

Sponsored

Tufelhundin

First Name
Windsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S “sold”, 2022 JTR
Occupation
Gov
Just make sure you get what you want and need. I went to get a MaxTow for I was trading in a Diesel and the JTD wasn't out yet. When I got there the MaxTow was sold and they had the first Sting Gray Ive ever seen and I bought it.

It didn't come with the heated seats and the accessory package that I was originally going to get or the 4.10's.

A year later, I have added bumper, winch, lift, tires, step rail, etc....and I just called a gear shop to put 4.56 in and got a quote.

Well....what eventually was going to happen happened about 20 minutes ago....

The Missus asked...how much more are you putting in this Jeep?!?!?! Cause you should just go and get the loaded 2020 Mojave they have discounted the snot out of or get one that you really want. She knows with the Mojave I won't mess with the suspension...I have bumper and tires already and its loaded except dual tops and leather seats, but comes with everything else I can think of that can be put on one. Problem is...Ive made my Jeep mine...and 4.56 would be yummy, LOL!

Last edited:

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
It's a limited slip differential which distributes power equally to both the right and left tires. The '64 Skylark had a regular differential, which, anyone who's been stuck in the mud in Alabama knows, you step on the gas, one tire spins, the other tire does nothing.
I do think I saw something on this in the movie My Cousin Vinny

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
To be honest, I have waited for a long time and I just am not sure I could wait any further. lol
I also plan on paying cash im sure that will effect things. I was looking into seeing if a dealer could snag a truck from another dealer (maybe in another state I couldnt drive to) but I dunno.
The problem with that is that dealerships do not want to give up their Gladiators. I tried that with my local dealership and he had no luck. I ended up ordering mine. I know you've waited a long time, but order one and get what you want. It will be here in time for spring when the weather is nice and the top and doors can come off.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)

What area of TN you in?