Sponsored

What’s the big deal with the Bestop Sunrider?

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I have both tops and I change them out in March and October. The hard top hangs over my Jeep when it's off. The soft top can be unfolded and folded at a stoplight just like the Sunrider except the back seat passengers get the topless experience, too.
Sponsored

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
The sunrider is like heated motorcycle gloves and jackets. It is expensive until the first time you use it and then you're mad you didn't buy it sooner.

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
You know, since I just purchased my 2021 Overland in December, I think it's time for you to run another flash sale.

Just sayin'...😁
Even though it’s a chiverin’ 20 degrees outside, if Bestie Top runs us forumers a special sale price I’ll let the moths out for a fly.. :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I love my Sunrider.

Yeah it was pricey for what it is...but then again it is very well made...not a single leak...relatively quiet.

But it is just so convenient and REALLY easy to use.

Here in Florida, I consider it a must have.

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
the sunrider is the best. it reminds me of driving my dad's miata back in the 90s.

Dkronke

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I've had my JT for 6 months now, and the Sunrider has been first on my want list of mods. Finally got it over break and installed it last week and couldn't be happier. Here in Texas the weather could go from 20 in the morning to 60 in the afternoon, so I love being able to open/close at will. And I rarely go fully topless because of my toddlers, so this allows me to open up a little without worrying about what's in the bed, or without having to stop and get out.

Also, it's interchangeable with my wife's JL so we can always have it for road trips no matter where we go.

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
$100.

Seriously, diamond is a vinyl, twill is, well, twill.

OK, more seriously, the vinyl is like the fabric on a lot of rolling tonneau covers; twill is a heavier weight woven fabric like the premium soft top that insulates better. I honestly don't know why they don't just eliminate the vinyl option.
Seems like the vinyl would match the remaining part of the hard top better than twill would (I have a twill soft top on my JKU). Supposedly the twill is quieter. I'd also be curious if they both hold up the same.

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Read some posts about how noisy it is on the Interstate ( While closed). Are those correct statements? When I bought my JT I test drove a Sahara JLU that had that $4000 fully retractable top. It wasn't noisy at all.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Read some posts about how noisy it is on the Interstate ( While closed). Are those correct statements? When I bought my JT I test drove a Sahara JLU that had that $4000 fully retractable top. It wasn't noisy at all.
It's definitely more noisy than the hard top. Doesn't bother me at all though. That top on the JLU is a totally different animal

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Its more noisy than the panels...but not by as much as you might think. It does not bother me.

80mph going down the interstate....wife and I can have normal conversation....far cry from how it was with the softop JK.

That said...only time it gets really "noisy" is if I happen to get in the draft of a semi.

db305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Max Tow
Its more noisy than the panels...but not by as much as you might think. It does not bother me.

80mph going down the interstate....wife and I can have normal conversation....far cry from how it was with the softop JK.

That said...only time it gets really "noisy" is if I happen to get in the draft of a semi.
the other advantage i've noticed is that the sunrider doesn't leak like the freedom panels do at the corners. i had a leak on each side right where your elbow rests on the window sill during really heavy rain with the panels. no issues since the sunrider went on.

PicklesJ

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT-S/MT &'10 Wrangler JKU-S
Occupation
Retired (military & civil service)
Vehicle Showcase
For those that take the Sunrider off, how easy is it, and how vulnerable are the Z-clips/cables to being damaged or unusable (which according to Besttop means the replacement of the header/deck assembly $$$). Important issue when thinking about buying a used one.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
For those that take the Sunrider off, how easy is it, and how vulnerable are the Z-clips/cables to being damaged or unusable (which according to Besttop means the replacement of the header/deck assembly $$$). Important issue when thinking about buying a used one.
You don't need to take the zclips apart when pulling it off, I left the entire thing assembled together when I removed it this winter, "closed" the soft top material, and leaned it vertically against a wall for winter. Worked slick.
Sponsored