Sponsored

What’s the big deal with the Bestop Sunrider?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
(c:

I have no hair up top, so I need all the protection I can get to keep the sun away from my scalp. I'm also at 5000' above sea level, so I'm closer to the sun... all this adds up.
You know in the continental US the sun goes down every evening, right? ;)
I live at 8550' and I understand the intense sun at altitude but nothing is better than an open air drive on a warm summer night.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Im assuming the chances are roughly 0% of getting one of these in a colored twill? Plan is to get a Sarge green JTR with a color matched hardtop when they are released. The thought of a black Sunrider on a green roof seems goofy to me. However, the thought of an olive greenish top sounds appealing, even though it obviously wouldn't be an exact match.

@Bestop, you hearing this? Make it happen!
We absolutely tried this, and collectively went "ehhh".
The black twill looks much better on body matched hardtops than color twill does. When a color comes close but isn't exact, you're better off contrasting it.

Jeep Gladiator What’s the big deal with the Bestop Sunrider? 1606753343062

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I would love to have one. But, that would take a good chunk out of my 37" tire fund that I am building!
First things first. One of these days.

Sponsored

rdcox23

First Name
R.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
This was my first and very favorite mod on my JT. I too had one on my JKU and don't think I will ever have another Jeep without it. Easy open, easy close and still have the security of a hard top.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I put one in the cart, but it was not $100 off. (Unless $749 IS $100 off)
749 for black diamond 849 for black twill. But as I read it, it is a rebate, not price reduction.

Sponsored

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Not trying to crap on it. It’s a serious question. It’s not that hard to remove the freedom tops. Only takes a minute. So what makes the Sunrider so great? The one advantage I can see is that you do it from anywhere without having to worry about storing the panels, but it seems like a tonneau cover would solve the same problem and provide extra utility for the same price or (much) less.

Am I missing something? I’m new to Jeeps and this product gets rave reviews so I feel like I’m missing something. Thanks
I held out for a while because of the price too, but when I found a deal on one @ $650, I pulled the trigger and immediately wished I'd done it sooner. I've seen deals lately that get it down to $550.

It's more than shaving a few seconds off. This thing is my daily. When weather pops up or I need to jump on a phone call, I can close it quickly at a stop light. When the weather turns beautiful, I can do the reverse just as quickly/easily without ever getting out of the truck. Our temps & weather swing quickly around here, so some days I'm opening or closing multiple times. Not having to store the panels is a solid bonus too. May not be for everyone, but now that I've had it, I would't be without it again.

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
Thanks. I hate 'rebates' I forgot to mail them in. If it's $100 off, now that a sale! :)
I bought from Northridge 4X4. In addition to the hundred dollar rebate from Bestop, they are giving you a $200 gift card.

JeepJunky

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave (Gator)
Ordered them based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews here. For instance " I wrecked my Jeep, but took these off before letting Insurance total the vehicle. " Not the winch, Not the skid plates, steel bumper, funny Jeep Themed license plate, nope, the ragtop is coming with me. Gotta have one of those..
Sponsored