Sponsored

What’s this connection for?

Sav_Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Installed cowl lights and found this connection. Can anyone tell me what it’s for?
Jeep Gladiator What’s this connection for? 30FC3960-BD71-4B3B-956B-055A2EBCB56F
Sponsored

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
Installed cowl lights and found this connection. Can anyone tell me what it’s for?
Jeep Gladiator What’s this connection for? 30FC3960-BD71-4B3B-956B-055A2EBCB56F
That’s where the cables for the adaptive cruise control would plug into. Since you don’t have that it’s not connected to anything.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
That’s where the cables for the adaptive cruise control would plug into. Since you don’t have that it’s not connected to anything.
This.

Many threads on this, and a few i believe attempting to use it for something else. Be pretty cool to use that built in connection for other items.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Saw that while installing my Lange Original Coyote mirror bases. First thought was "oh cool, this must be part of the aux switch packages. A pre-wired connector for cowl lights"

Initially disappointed to discover it's just useless junk, but then i reminded myself i don't even like the look of cowl lights so I was accomplishing little more than yelling at the wind.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Why would adaptive cruise control wiring be outside of the cabin?

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Fold down windshield?
The ACC. adaptive cruise, radar and camera are all inside, mounted to the frame. The windshield folds down but the camera stays put above the mirror inside.
There's no cruise control stuff in the cowl. ACC is inside the cab so that the windshield can fold down. Then you put a plastic cover over the camera to protect it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The ACC. adaptive cruise, radar and camera are all inside, mounted to the frame. The windshield folds down but the camera stays put above the mirror inside.
There's no cruise control stuff in the cowl. ACC is inside the cab so that the windshield can fold down. Then you put a plastic cover over the camera to protect it.
Open your cowl and check. It has been reported several times over the years that connector is only utilized on vehicles equipped with ACC/FCW.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I don't have that crap. So I don't know what all that goes down with the windshield.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Open your cowl and check. It has been reported several times over the years that connector is only utilized on vehicles equipped with ACC/FCW.
Yeah, but did someone verify, or did someone actually show it connected on one with ACC?
Maybe it really is - but I'm always skeptical of things that get repeated and no one really knows.

I don't have that crap. So I don't know what all that goes down with the windshield.
Nothing does but the camera defogger - maybe THAT's what it's for............. there are two connectors just to the left of the big box by the mirror that houses the camera and radar. The glass must be warmed there to prevent fog.

Two wires - so the only way it would be involved with the ACC is if it's for that heater. The wire runs through the windshield frame up to the top and connects to the glass inside near the top center.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I have the ACC... I have no idea why that wiring harness is where it is. The wire comes from the engine bay, into the cowl and then terminates into that connector. The mating connector then comes back OUT of the cowl underneath the wiper area and back into the firewall at the dash.

Very strange routing.....

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Question to OP - do you have the cold weather package? Could this connector be for the side-mirror defrosters?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Question to OP - do you have the cold weather package? Could this connector be for the side-mirror defrosters?
The side mirrors are on the door and fed through the harness in the door, through the kick panels on the side and up into the dash.
The harness for the doors is mostly in the cab, up in the dash, including all mirror features.