OP
OP
BrandonG

BrandonG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
They all run smaller than actual size by at least .5", the BFGs come in at 34.1" on my Gladiator. If you want a true 35 better look at 37's which come in at normally 35.6 for most brands mounted. The BFG KO2 is probably the lightest option. When mine out I'm going to 37's in the tire. On my 4th set if BFGs and I want run another brand on my daily driver. IMO it's the best all around tire on the market.
I have only herd good things about them besides they run small but I could always run 37 weight depending . The 8 speed makes a huge difference over my last manual . I just don’t want to turn it into a dog like my last one . I’m not interested in re gearing
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I have only herd good things about them besides they run small but I could always run 37 weight depending . The 8 speed makes a huge difference over my last manual . I just don’t want to turn it into a dog like my last one . I’m not interested in re gearing
Mine are 315 70 17 and they weigh 62lbs, the 35 70 17 weighs 66lbs and 37's weigh 71lbs. I wish I would of went 37's from the beginning. A local guy is running t
37 12.5 17 BFGs and he getting 18 MPGs, I can deal with that. My JKU only got 14.5 on 35's so I figure if I stay at 17 or better I'm good.

I also got a Max Tow with 4.10 gears so there will be a difference if you got 3.73 gears. Apparently a decent difference with some saying they are only getting 13-15 MPGs on 35's

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The BFG KO2 315/70R17 C is what I'm running. They are the stock wheel for the Ford Raptor so they were design more around a light truck tire vs. a heavy duty tire. They measure out right at 34" on 17"x8.5" wheel.

MaybeAMojave?

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 6spd. 2018 Tacoma TRD Pro 6spd (totaled by a drunk driver April 2020)
Occupation
Former Aerospace Engineer, Current home renovator
Thoughts on these so far?
Only about 500 miles on them so far... But I can give some preliminary comparisons to other tires I've had (Lots of Duratracs, Grabber ATX, Original Goodyear MT Kevlar, Falcon MTs that came on my Gladiator):

Noise: They're quieter than everything but the Grabber ATX, but those were on a 66 Mustang with side exit exhaust so I don't really know how loud they were...

Handling/Ride/Highway Manners: About on par with the Duratracs. Much much better than the MTs. Much less wandering than stock. Significantly better ride.

Fuel mileage: No drastic change noticed going from 33 MTs to 35 AT III. Possibly a slight improvement (haven't installed a Tazer and dash indicates almost identical numbers to what I was seeing on the MTs).

Off-road: Only one trail trip. Only aired down to 28 and they did great. Cleared mud as well as Duratracs.

Looks: They look pretty mild when they're new and clean. Much better when they're dirty! The 11.5 size is perfect IMO. Still tucked well within the fenders. The Grabber ATX/KO2 are probably my favorite tires looks-wise. Unfortunately, neither makes a 35x11.5.

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrandonG

BrandonG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Anybody running pro comp AT sports in 35/12.50/17 ? They are considerably cheaper than the falkens or ko2 s . Great warranty as well . Thoughts ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrandonG

BrandonG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
If my rubicon take offs sell with rims I will be likely going with the black rhino armoury , great looking wheel

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I ran through several of sets of ProComp MT's on a Ranger and an H2. I would buy ProComp's again. they're made by Cooper, which is definitely a brand I would look at. I like the KO2's I have now, I've run through MANY sets of them to back before there was a KO anything, but Cooper has some great options.

Anybody running pro comp AT sports in 35/12.50/17 ? They are considerably cheaper than the falkens or ko2 s . Great warranty as well . Thoughts ?

OP
OP
BrandonG

BrandonG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
The pro comps are $250 cheaper for the set than the falkens . I haven’t seen them in person but from pics they don’t looks as aggressive and nice as the falkens . Hard to say from the pics . The ko2 are $200 more than the falkens so $450 more than the pro comps

OP
OP
BrandonG

BrandonG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Well I ended up with the AT3w 35/12.50/17 to be mounted on black rhino armoury 17/9.5 in gunmetal . I’m a few weeks out until it’s all installed with my lift kit and side rails . Shops are swamped In my area but at least I’m in line now . Now I just have to wait ... and sell my rubicon rims and tires

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Only about 500 miles on them so far... But I can give some preliminary comparisons to other tires I've had (Lots of Duratracs, Grabber ATX, Original Goodyear MT Kevlar, Falcon MTs that came on my Gladiator):

Noise: They're quieter than everything but the Grabber ATX, but those were on a 66 Mustang with side exit exhaust so I don't really know how loud they were...

Handling/Ride/Highway Manners: About on par with the Duratracs. Much much better than the MTs. Much less wandering than stock. Significantly better ride.

Fuel mileage: No drastic change noticed going from 33 MTs to 35 AT III. Possibly a slight improvement (haven't installed a Tazer and dash indicates almost identical numbers to what I was seeing on the MTs).

Off-road: Only one trail trip. Only aired down to 28 and they did great. Cleared mud as well as Duratracs.

Looks: They look pretty mild when they're new and clean. Much better when they're dirty! The 11.5 size is perfect IMO. Still tucked well within the fenders. The Grabber ATX/KO2 are probably my favorite tires looks-wise. Unfortunately, neither makes a 35x11.5.
Where were you able to fine the 35x11.50s? I haven't seen them in stock anywhere I've looked.
Sponsored