Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
People don’t know how to search. Gets old seeing the same 4 questions asked 30 times a day. Forums like this get way less traffic because it’s a dinosaur design. Altho as a forum this site has pretty progressive software.
This is frankly some of the very best forum software I've seen. The engine and coding behind this is pretty good stuff.
I'll take this over the crap you get on FB - and I REFUSE to install any social mediocre BS software on my phone - fakebook no way - I refuse to let their software touch my phone. I won't even install any games.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. That may be one reason "the same 4 questions asked 30 times a day". Another is laziness. Another is most threads get hijacked after a while, so rather than wade through all that its easier to start a new thread.
Part of my work duties before I retired, in fact, in multiple jobs, was research. I got pretty darned good with searches. People ask "how did you find that?" - it's all in knowing what question to ask and how to ask it. And that is sometimes part of the trouble - if you aren't sure what you are looking for, it's hard to search for it.
Word order, quotes, and other stuff, can impact the search results. More words mean fewer results to sort through. And many people give up if the answer isn't on the first page of results. I often find the results I want in google on page 4 or 5 of the results, sometimes deeper. People play games with key words and Google isn't the best at weeding through spamming key words.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'll tell you what Facebook (as bad as it is) is nothing compared to wechat. Do some research on wechat and have your eyes opened.

It is far worse for different ways and for different reasons. It is the ultimate surveillance and control tool. You cant really live life without it and that is how they want it. Everything goes through it. Other web sites, business, your location, what you eat, what you buy. All databased for the kind gentle eyes of the regime to process and look for patterns etc etc.

Now, let's be clear. Wechat is mandated by the Chinese government for their people. Facebook is a business.

But if anyone thinks that Facebook would not funnel everything you do and say through their platform if they could, you would be sorely wrong.

China = control
Facebook = profit

Different goals. Same methods.
You might be surprised too about F.B. might as well say "Pat I would like to buy a vowel "I" . With some computer networks there is nothing personal or protected on F.B.
And yes I have seen how screwed up WeChat is.... Both are supported or support the governments of the countries there in.

Both are more alike than not. :like: ;)

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
Facebook is the beginning of the end ... It is a horrible place ... People can point out good things about it but in general, it is a cesspool ...

I avoid it like the plague ...
I agree. The funny part is most people still get on it. Best thing I did was delete the app 4 years ago and never download it again. Got so much of my life back. I loved Facebook when we were one of the first 30 colleges to get access when it was founded. It was generally positive, and just status updates. Now its all complaining, sympathy grabbing politico.

Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
If you haven’t yet watched it, There is a Netflix documentary out about social media that is a pretty interesting called “Social Dilemma“ that I would recommend. It really highlights some pretty alarming things about all these social media platforms. Coming from the tech sector I can tell you they are spot on. Especially with the AI being put out there right now. Dangerous times for the gullible.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We just have to remember pillage before burn.
Like the Far Side cartoon - a cowboy with a smoking gun is standing over another - laying dead in the street. He's asking the dead guy he just shot all sorts of questions, such as what is the circumference of the earth, and so on. Another one comes up and said "Bart, you can't shoot first and ask questions later".

wonder how many times it took to learn the pillage BEFORE burn bit?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
did you know the past tense if tweet is twat? I heard that once & as I am not a twitter user I have no reason not to believe it.
Are you saying that the proper way of saying "the twitter users tweeted" is that "the twits twat"?

Sponsored

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Pirate 4x4 was probably one of the worst. I haven't been on there in years don't know if they have cleaned it up or not.
Pirate 4x4 is the worst. Haven't been on it in awhile. Tempted to do a troll attack and get people riled up lol.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you haven’t yet watched it, There is a Netflix documentary out about social media that is a pretty interesting called “Social Dilemma“ that I would recommend. It really highlights some pretty alarming things about all these social media platforms. Coming from the tech sector I can tell you they are spot on. Especially with the AI being put out there right now. Dangerous times for the gullible.
Kind of funny thing on your post, on way home from work this morning a morning radio talk show was talking about just the same thing. One of the people on it worked in tech before joining up on it. Many people have been "yelling just this for over 20 years.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome. Lots of good info and people in this forum. It’s like a support group for Gladiator addicts OlllllllO.
Sponsored