Sponsored

What brand oil filter do you use on your Gladiator?

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
And drumroll...... the results?
The second lab result showed slightly less contamination but the lab tech made a note “check for a coolant leak. Please monitor glycol contamination”

I went in immediately and spoke to the lab tech. He said there’s a couple different variables that could be happening which show the glycol. One is, it’s not uncommon to see glycol in break-in oil. He sees it all the time but didn’t have an answer as to why the oil would be manufactured with glycol added. The second reason for seeing it, albeit, was less than the first lab result, is because there’s still a trace of the break-in oil left in suspension after I did the drain and he recommended that I drive 5000 klms and bring in another sample bottle to see which way the numbers are going. I don’t have a rad leak so I’m expecting to see a decrease in the contamination. My 5000 clicks are up next week and will take in the sample end of the week.
Sponsored

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
YOU WENT 50 MILES "BEFORE" CHANGING OIL???????? The HORROR..............................
I know. I was so worried that the engine would get all these little nicks and scrapes inside it. I could have been really really bad. 😆

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
The second lab result showed slightly less contamination but the lab tech made a note “check for a coolant leak. Please monitor glycol contamination”

I went in immediately and spoke to the lab tech. He said there’s a couple different variables that could be happening which show the glycol. One is, it’s not uncommon to see glycol in break-in oil. He sees it all the time but didn’t have an answer as to why the oil would be manufactured with glycol added. The second reason for seeing it, albeit, was less than the first lab result, is because there’s still a trace of the break-in oil left in suspension after I did the drain and he recommended that I drive 5000 klms and bring in another sample bottle to see which way the numbers are going. I don’t have a rad leak so I’m expecting to see a decrease in the contamination. My 5000 clicks are up next week and will take in the sample end of the week.
Got my 3rd oil sample lab result back. This sample was taken early @ 6000 kms. Glycol numbers almost doubled from the last sample showing an internal coolant leak.
Not only are they now having to resolve a misfire issue but they now have my lab results showing internal coolant leak.

SPED1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport 2005 tj wrangler
Occupation
service & parts supervisor
Wix WL10010

Uparms

First Name