What does this thing do?

Katch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Green olive Rubicon, Walker Bay RIB and a couple Aprilias
I've had my JT for a couple weeks and am still learning new things (just noticed there are two batteries under the hood). I even finished a couple mods...Rugged Ridge hard rolling tonneau cover and swapped in my old JK's winch with relay for my accessory switch (thanks to J Kramer for his Amazon review).

One thing that I haven't been able to figure out....What does this dial do (circled in yellow)? I cannot notice anything when I adjust it.

3SO3d4L.jpg

Thanks
Steve
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Subject of many threads. That dial controls the ambient floor lighting. Some have reported it does nothing.

I thought so too, but I later discovered the faintest light one my feet one dark evening. The switch did work. You will never notice the light unless you are in complete darkness

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
And cup holders. Total waste.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
What’s wrong with the cup holders?

My iPhone 11+ fits perfectly in the recess between them and two large coffees or water bottles slide right into the cup holders.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I think he’s talking about the lights in the cup holders which I think is a nice touch

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
What’s wrong with the cup holders?

My iPhone 11+ fits perfectly in the recess between them and two large coffees or water bottles slide right into the cup holders.
It does, but that spot between the cup holders is designed to perfectly hold your key fob. :like:

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
It does, but that spot between the cup holders is designed to perfectly hold your key fob. :like:
I’m not sure which part of this is more laughable, that FCA feels you need or would use a place for the key fob or that the damn key fob is so gigantic that it looks like something Fred Flintstone would use chiseled out of granite and needs a safe resting spot!

Are there actually lights in the cup holders? I never noticed. I’m installing my Synergy brace and track rod today. I’ll have to check it out.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Ambient lighting is a trending style in automotive design and you need sizzle to sell the steak. That fob however is obscene. With push to start you can leave it in a purse or pocket but damn she thick.

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
I’m not sure which part of this is more laughable, that FCA feels you need or would use a place for the key fob or that the damn key fob is so gigantic that it looks like something Fred Flintstone would use chiseled out of granite and needs a safe resting spot!

Are there actually lights in the cup holders? I never noticed. I’m installing my Synergy brace and track rod today. I’ll have to check it out.
Yea...i thought it was funny place for the FOB but then found myself putting it there just because...

There is also a light in the center console...just in case...

Sponsored

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
There is also a light in the center console...just in case...
That's so you can find the napkins at night after you spill your drink that shorted out the lights in the cup holders.

Dieselcrackel

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport
Lights in cup holder that you can only see when a cup is not in the holder. Should of put them along the top not the bottom...

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
That spot between the cup holders is exactly big enough to hold my wallet :D I just randomly ran across this thread when wondering what that dial did, never could figure it out, even playing with it at night, good to know. Thanks.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
That’s the switch that was supposed to turn bed lights off and on but Jeep figured our feet needs light more then the bed when I’m unloading at night... till then just keep hitting buttons or open doors to stay on. Thx Jeep so much detail I’m to everything and missed this

Strider62

First Name
C.B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5; Gladiator Overland
Hmmm... It does work the bed light on my truck.
Sponsored