Sponsored

What exhaust upgrade did you go with? Cool one from MBRP...

GringoStar

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JL Rubicon
I have seen the video where the guy cuts off his exhaust and just uses the rear resonator and down tip right after the cats. Has anyone tried or seen anyone cut off the exhaust just after the first resonator? I was thinking of doing this and then just adding a small section of pipe with a down tip.
I did this too, since it was cheap. I like the sound except it's a bit loud. I do have a drone at freeway speeds. I'm shopping for a bolt on so I can be drone free.
Sponsored

Gunrunr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 1969 Corvette
Occupation
Electrical Designer
I did this too, since it was cheap. I like the sound except it's a bit loud. I do have a drone at freeway speeds. I'm shopping for a bolt on so I can be drone free.
Thanks for this information. This is exactly what I was wondering about. Please let me know what you come up with. I do a lot of highway driving so a loud drone would drive me crazy.

GringoStar

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JL Rubicon
Thanks for this information. This is exactly what I was wondering about. Please let me know what you come up with. I do a lot of highway driving so a loud drone would drive me crazy.
Part of it for me is that I'm on 37s so my RPMs are higher than stock. I think that's a contributing factor too.

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
Hello, I have the MBRP single on my JT. I also had one on my F150. Having the MBRP on the JT was at first questionable with sound and noise. They were all just my fears, but not the MBRP has been on the JT it has a nice smooth sound when driving normal. When I get into the throttle I not only get a nice growl and serious buttDyno power...
Hopefully, this helps you. I can tell you there is no drone, not too loud even when I put the peddle to the medal.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
I did the Corsa Sport with a down tip. I think having a manual transmission makes a difference with these exhaust systems. You can really wind it out and it doesn’t have that “fart” between gears. Sounds awesome!
Sponsored